New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Mini static problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

klumick

I updated some music onto my ipod last night, went to use it this morning, and got this incredibly loud static sound, cutting out the music. This only happened when the ipod was touching something, like my hand scrolling through music. Every apple product i buy, breaks. This sucks
QUOTE Thanks
m1k

This is a well-documented problem with the iPod mini (well, not by Apple...). I think you can just take it into the store and they'll replace it. Some links for you:

http://www.ipodhacks.com/article.php?sid=765
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/20...d-static_x.htm
http://www.techstuff.ca/archives/658.html
http://news.designtechnica.com/article3326.html

Some guy actually took his mini apart and found that it's because there isn't a good connection between the headphone jack and the logic board.

Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks
klumick

Thanks alot, I wonder if apple will let me exchange my mini for a 20 gig iPod? and just pick up the difference on my credit card? possible?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

That should be possible. I had a 3rd Gen 20 GB that they allowed me to turn in for a 4th Gen 20 GB with on problem

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
NightCrawler

NightCrawler is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen

makes me think about not getting that green iPof mini after all.... <_<

Quote:
- It's like - he was got - they'd just like. It was like so hush hush. They were so... quiet about it. And then the next thing you know...
QUOTE Thanks
m1k

Quote:
makes me think about not getting that green iPof mini after all.... <_<
Only about 1 in 1000 iPod minis have that problem. I have an iPod mini myself and it's perfectly fine, and a hell of a hot sexier than the regular iPod
QUOTE Thanks
zeppster

If you had it plugged in through firewire, either into a power jack or your computer then you may of been experiancing that because you weren't grounded. I get that a lot but only if I'm touching it and my guitar amp is on... I like this >> :dummy:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Playlists & Music Shuffle | Itunes and Ipod »