New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - Exploded Shuffle Battery

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nick/chuck

nick/chuck is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.0ghz 3gb Ram C2D Black Macbook

After numerous attempts to get my shuffle working today (I use it for biking and active type things so my ipod video doesn't break) I decided to disassemble it and see what the problem could be. The unit is out of warranty and I like taking things apart and have had considerable luck fixing ipods so why not. It was to my surprise when I got everything opened up that my battery was not hard and flat with 90 degree angles as most batteries I encountered are. Instead mine was like a roundish pouch, and very soft (squishy). It doesn't take a genius to figure out that this was the source of the problem. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem...?
IMG00067.jpg
IMG00068.jpg
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Which generation shuffle are we talking about?
QUOTE Thanks
nick/chuck

2nd gen.
QUOTE Thanks
j21m2293

j21m2293 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch

Funny thing I read somewhere that putting it in the fridge sometimes will make the puffiness go down and also apply some pressure after you take it out of fridge.I don't think it would work but why not try.
QUOTE Thanks
nick/chuck

Tried, didn't work. Good idea tho, guess I'll have to buy another one and use the video exclusively till then.
QUOTE Thanks
j21m2293

j21m2293 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch

Yeah apple is selling the 2nd generation nano for $39 on their refurbish online store.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 80g video | Home button wear? »