New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - In Ear headphones Help me decide

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

I'm having trouble deciding on a new set of Headphones for my iPod.

I have the cash for the Etymotic 4R-4P's (£140 on Amazon)

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er4.aspx
Or
The Jays Q-Jays (£130 on Amazon)

http://www.jays.se/products.aspx?sub=qjays

As know I live here in Norway so it is almost impossible to find them here let alone listen to them.

I listen to classical ,opera, pop, jazz, and acoustic music and I'm not a great fan of bass thump.

I'd like to hear comments from you out there with these headphones. If you have tried or own both even better,

From looking at pictures the Etymotics look quite strange and look like they stick out I was wondering if this is a big problem ?
I have also heard that the Q-jays have a short cable

I look forward to reading your comments

Now with Leopard

I was Member of the month April 08
QUOTE Thanks
jeffk

jeffk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, 17" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, AppleTV2 (x2), iPad1

Please don't take this question the wrong way, but do you think it will be worth spending that much money on a set of headphones to listen to compressed audio on an iPod?

I'm not an audiophile, but I'm not cheap either. Still, I can't see the wisdom in that. If you were going to use them for listening to top-quality audio sources I would understand, but for an iPod, they seem a bit .... overqualified.

Again, no offense intended, but I wouldn't pay that much for a set of iPod phones.
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

None taken. In fact it's a question I have thought a lot about. I do however have a decent hi-fi as well...

Now with Leopard

I was Member of the month April 08
QUOTE Thanks
TopDog

TopDog has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook / Mac Mini

I would say it's absolutely worth getting some proper earbuds to your iPod. The iPod can do so much more than the included earbuds give you.

I used to have the dJays, but the connector broke, and the guy in the shop (Eplehuset) wouldn't change them for another dJays because they had so much problems with dJays, and suggested I'd swap them for a pair of Shure with a small added cost.

Shure's are great! I have the Shure SE110 and are very happy. Only thing is they are a bit big outside the ear and the cord has to go over the ear, so next time I think I'll go for the slightly more expensive SE210 instead.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« camera connector not working | What if I buy an iPod Touch now and the price drops? »