New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod resets after about a day of no use

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JayJay

My iPod resets itself after about a day with no use. Is this normal?
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

My mini does that.
QUOTE Thanks
m1k

What do you mean resets itself? All the settings (equalizer, etc.) should stay the same, even in extended sleep periods. I've left my iPod for 3 days and nothing happened. It should DEFINITELY not do that...

Call Apple, it's probably your best bet.
QUOTE Thanks
Mr.Curlynose1

He means that it turns completely off so that when you press a button the Apple logo comes on for awhile, and then it goes to the menu. Mine does this too. I think it's normal.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

My 3G never did that, it doesn't really hurt anything so I am not going to worry about it.
QUOTE Thanks
JayJay

When I say it resets itself I mean that all the settings I had set (i.e. clicker in headphones) reset and go back to factory settings. And yes sometimes the apple icon comes appears like it did when I first bought it
QUOTE Thanks
SamR

The apple logo shows up on my 3G model when it has been in sleep for an extended period of time, but I have left it for a month and the setting have never reset.
QUOTE Thanks
heyclement

usually after a few days of non-using, the apple logo shows up on my 3G iPod while re-activating it, but the settings have never been reset, so I wasn't too worry about it. But then I thought all the iPod did that.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod Photo is up at Apple.com | reePhotoiPods.com Get a free 40gb Photo iPod »