Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    iPod "Killers" for Christmas.....
    Two Interesting articles about the "iPod Killers" coming for Christmas....

Part 1....

and

Part 2.....

I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
    Specs:
    PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
    I want a Gmini.

Specs:
    iBook 12", 1.33GHz G4, 1GB DDR400, 32MB Radeon 9550, 80GB HD, OSX 10.4.9
    I still want a 4g 20gb ipod.

The power of the iPod is in it accessory market and its iTunes support. Those may be really nice players but they don't have that.

m1k
    The power of the iPod is in it accessory market and its iTunes support. Those may be really nice players but they don't have that.
    Agreed. And they don't look half as nice as the iPod/iPod mini. People don't really give two ****s or a **** if you can get a 0.01-inch smaller player for the same price. They're willing to pay a premium if it's good-looking and has more functionality than the other players.

It's funny to see how all the other MP3 players are copying the iPod's touch wheel, but are trying to make it seem original by making it into balls/wheels/vertical-pads.

Also, those players are relatively new, their support may be horrible, etc. But people have heard about how great the iPod is in terms of iTunes, support, how it just works, etc.

Reasons why the iPod will always be the best digital jukebox on the market.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
    they all seem nice...

but NOTHING beat the iPod.... it has design, style and well..... lets just face it..... its the besterest!!!!
    - It's like - he was got - they'd just like. It was like so hush hush. They were so... quiet about it. And then the next thing you know...

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    I guess they can't use the same touch-scroll wheel design (or the new click wheel design) because it's patented by apple?

But they need to prove how hi-tech and easy to use their designs are, so they make a cheap rip off of it anyway...

Cloudane
    As long as they keep copying Apple's design, they'll always be a step behind and feel 'fake'. It's just like all the Aqua skins for Windows.

What they have to do is *surpass* the design with something new and unique... and that hasn't happened yet. Until then, all these "killers" everyone keeps harping on about are just cheaper imitations. They only hope to kill because of the price, but they forget about the quality...

Specs:
    iBook 12", 1.33GHz G4, 1GB DDR400, 32MB Radeon 9550, 80GB HD, OSX 10.4.9
    I still haven't seen one that I like as much as the Apple iPod (3G or 4G).
    Those Zen micros are all right. But it's still way too much money for only 5gb. You can pay a bit more and get a 20gb 4G iPod. Plus the thickness of the 4G iPod is awesome. It kills the competition.

CaptainMack
    ya. they will never have the brand name that apple has created. apple IS mp3 player and noone else is

Specs:
    12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
    I predict these will have the same degree of success as "iPod Killers" like the original Dell DJ and the Sony Network Walkman.

iPod is a force unto itself now. It's like Coca-Cola: You buy it because it's what it is. There are dozens of competitors, but most people never even think of it. It's not logical, it's instinctual. (That's not to say that iPod does not have real advantages over its competitors, but iPod's phenomenal succes speaks to more that that, I think.)

Specs:
    G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
    Nice, very nice...
    ...but they ain't iPods! ^_^
    I say, "Unless it causes death, it's not a problem!".
    http://johnny.persistentperil.net

m1k
    iPod is a force unto itself now. It's like Coca-Cola: You buy it because it's what it is. There are dozens of competitors, but most people never even think of it. It's not logical, it's instinctual. (That's not to say that iPod does not have real advantages over its competitors, but iPod's phenomenal succes speaks to more that that, I think.)
    Agreed. Especially over the Coke part. I buy Coke over Pepsi not because it tastes better (even though it does), but because it's Coke, not Pepsi. Very true, man!

How long do you guys think the iPod will last until somebody actually invents a product? I say about 100-120 years...

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

m1k
    that is pretty sweet
    Agreed. It's almost cooler than the iPod! If the price was only less than $500 and it came with over 256MB, it would probably outsell the iPod.

Thread Information