New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - camera connector not working

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Florentine

Florentine is on a distinguished road

i have an ipod classic 80 gig and a nikon d300. when i connect them with the camera connector an error message on ipod reads "access not supported". i've used it successfully before but not with this camera or ipod.
QUOTE Thanks
jamieh

jamieh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florentine View Post
i have an ipod classic 80 gig and a nikon d300. when i connect them with the camera connector an error message on ipod reads "access not supported". i've used it successfully before but not with this camera or ipod.
HAHAHAHAHA!!

Sorry, but the camera connector is not for the iPod Classic.
QUOTE Thanks
Florentine

thank you. do they make one for the classic? i'm in japan on a job and was counting on an additional back up of my photos.
QUOTE Thanks
Florentine

or, can i import photos onto my computer then export to the ipod as a backup through it unes?
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieh View Post
HAHAHAHAHA!!
That's probably not really called for, is it? Lets hope you get a better response when posting your problems.

Quote:
thank you. do they make one for the classic? i'm in japan on a job and was counting on an additional back up of my photos.
As far as I know the camera connectivity has been dropped from newer iPods.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks
wytwolf

wytwolf will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD

Quote:
or, can i import photos onto my computer then export to the ipod as a backup through it unes?
I don't have a classic(went from an iPod photo to a touch), but since it is hard drive based you should be able to use it like am external hard drive and backup up your photo on that until you get back home. Just make sure disc mode is activated.
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytwolf View Post
I don't have a classic(went from an iPod photo to a touch), but since it is hard drive based you should be able to use it like am external hard drive and backup up your photo on that until you get back home. Just make sure disc mode is activated.
Not by plugging it into the camera. The storage tech is irrelevant - the two devices won't communicate with each other.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

Quote:
or, can i import photos onto my computer then export to the ipod as a backup through itunes?
Yes you can. As stated before in this thread . The new line of iPods has had the ability to function in disk mode disabled

Now with Leopard

I was Member of the month April 08
QUOTE Thanks
wytwolf

wytwolf will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightlie View Post
Not by plugging it into the camera. The storage tech is irrelevant - the two devices won't communicate with each other.

What does the camera have to do with it? The OP also asked if he/she could upload the pictures to his/her computer and then copy them to the ipod as a back up. I included the quote as to not confuse them on what i was talking about.
QUOTE Thanks
maclover001

maclover001 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15.4" MPB - Base Model

The camera connector does not support current-gen iPods, and I don't think Apple will ever make one that does.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Podcasts not in "Podcasts" iPod menu | In Ear headphones Help me decide »