New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - imported all songs, iTunes denying access?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

litint

litint is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Black, Stock

I just imported all my songs off my old broken ipod using senuit, and im all ready to put them on my new one, but all the songs purchased through itunes were under my moms account which has access enabled to 5 computers apparently? and it says acces canot be granted to more then 5, and I dont have access to her account anymore. Is there any way to get around this? Ipod mini
QUOTE Thanks
jbreyfogle

jbreyfogle is on a distinguished road

i dont think so. why dont you move them directly from your moms computer rather then an ipod

8gb iPhone hacked
mb 2gb ram 1.3 terabytes of storage
running leopard xp pro essential and Linux
because keeping technology alive is keeping me alive
QUOTE Thanks
litint

litint is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Black, Stock

all of my songs were on her old computer which she replaced without telling me while i was away at college
QUOTE Thanks
boneheadz

boneheadz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac

You don't need the computer. Your mom needs to log into her account and reset the permissions. You'll have to re authorize the rest of the computers again, but should solve the problem.

We have had several computer with itunes over the last couple of years some have been sold I forgot to de-authorize one of them and simply logged in and reset it so the new computer could be added.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to convert windows media center recordings to iPod video files? | Best Deal on iPod Touch? »