New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - iPhone internet prices

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thea

thea is on a distinguished road

So I was wondering, does it cost anything to use the internet in the iPhone? Because sometimes If Im sitting in the car or at school, I can log on to the internet, without being connected to a wi-fi. So does this cost money?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

It's part of the unlimited iPhone data plan that you have to sign up for when activating the iPhone.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
thea

thea is on a distinguished road

ookey. so that means its free? just have to double check hehe
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by thea View Post
ookey. so that means its free? just have to double check hehe
As long as you continue to pay your AT&T bill, the internet on your phone will continue to work.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future

It's not technically free as you're paying $20 a month for it as part of your AT&T plan, but you don't have to worry about racking up additional data charges while using the Internet on your iPhone.

If you're not paying the bill, then no, it's not costing you anything extra.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Kash, what's the total monthly after all their other taxes and surcharges. Thinkin' about gettin one for the wife to replace her buy minutes when you need 'em phone.

And how does the maps feature work for stuff like finding restaurants and other stuff like that.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

I have 450 minutes anytime, 5000 nights and weekends, 200 text messages, and unlimited iPhone data for roughly $70 a month.

I was paying the same amount before with my Cingular 8125 and 8525 phones, so the iPhone doesn't really cost more per month.

The Maps feature is absolutely amazing. You just type in a type of restaurant or even a specific name of a restaurant, and 99% of the time it'll find exactly what you're looking for. It'll also give you Internet links, so you can even check out menus beforehand (assuming the site isn't Flash based). With the latest firmware, Google Maps is now able to triangulate a rough estimate of your position, which makes the faux GPS even more useful.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
boneheadz

boneheadz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
I have 450 minutes anytime, 5000 nights and weekends, 200 text messages, and unlimited iPhone data for roughly $70 a month.

<snip>
How to make a Canadian cry
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Didn't know if she would like it or not. Asked her last night, and her response was, "Yeah". She perked right up.

So, does anyone know the differences between buying the iPhone at an Apple store vs at an AT&T store?

If I get it at the AT&T store, can I go to the Apple store for warranty stuff or have to go back to AT&T?

If I buy it at Apple, what do I have to do to get the phone portion of it activated? Have to call AT&T or is everything online from iTunes?

Would rather buy it from the Apple store.

QUOTE Thanks
Kash

There is no different whatsoever. You buy the phone, go home, plug it into your computer, and activate it from there.

The only difference I can see is that the AT&T employees might hassle you to buy accessories, but that's about it.

To get warranty work done, you would probably have to take it into an Apple store, regardless of where you bought it. Remember, it's a manufacturer's warranty, so Apple has to honor it regardless of how or where you got it.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

Thanks, Kash - still have to spread it around.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The iPhone is Its Own Best Advertisement | screen not swiveling »