New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - Can iPod touch sync its calendar with iCal on my computer?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ekologik

ekologik is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4 GHz Intel (unibody), 2 GB RAM; iPhone 3Gs

i think iPod touch looks pretty cool but one of the reasons i'd buy it over a nano is that it has wifi capabilities and a calendar, but can i sync this calendar with iCal? there seems to be no information about the calendar on the apple website.

and in order to sync your photos you need to sync them through itunes? how does that work? (why not iPhoto?)

please let me know the answers to my questions, thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
boneheadz

boneheadz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac

the touch will sync with ical, events not to do's so if you don't need your lists your good to go. (no GTD love) Also, you can update, add and change calendar events. You sync through itunes just like photos, actually you give permission to the touch to access iphoto and ical and address book through itunes. (all ipods will do this)

With this case, you've got a pretty good little PDA/music/video player.

Now, if you could sync google calendar over wifi with the touch calendar I would squeal like a school girl.
QUOTE Thanks
ekologik

ekologik is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4 GHz Intel (unibody), 2 GB RAM; iPhone 3Gs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheadz View Post
the touch will sync with ical, events not to do's so if you don't need your lists your good to go. (no GTD love) Also, you can update, add and change calendar events. You sync through itunes just like photos, actually you give permission to the touch to access iphoto and ical and address book through itunes. (all ipods will do this)

With this case, you've got a pretty good little PDA/music/video player.

Now, if you could sync google calendar over wifi with the touch calendar I would squeal like a school girl.
great! thanks for your help! that google calendar sync would rock on the touch, i currently do it on my macbook.

thanks for your help!
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheadz View Post

Would this make you "squeal"???... http://www.busymac.com/busysync2.html

Sync Google Calendar to iCal... then Sync iCal to iPod Touch.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How would you like to see copy/paste work? | umm...iPhone problems? »