New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - iPhone Success Story

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

You may have seen my post in Anything Goes that says I am out on the road on a business trip. My new iPhone put in some great service on the first leg of this trip, enabling to get to my hotel from the airport where I would otherwise have been lost.

Landed at LaGuardia New York, and needed to get out to an hotel in an outlying community. The cabbie got hopelessly lost and things were looking bleak. I pulled out my trusty new iPhone and fired up Google Maps. I entered the zip code of the hotel and instantly had a relevant map. After checking a few road signs whizzing by, I managed to locate where we were on the map and was able to provide the cabbie with the help he needed to get to the hotel..

Way to go iPhone! Normally, we would have called the hotel, gotten some general (and usually misleading) directional advice and cast around for a long time before finding the hotel. With the iPhone, we navigated straight there, saving time AND fare!

I think I'm in love!

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I know exactly what you mean. A customer at where I work was trying to get his friend to our location but he couldn't figure out where the friend was. So I whipped out my phone, found out where the person was once I got the cross streets, and then once I plugged in my business address, we had turn by turn directions to give the guy. The guy was so impressed that he said he was gonna go to the Apple Store later that day and pick up an iPhone for himself

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
iKitten

iKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac | 2.16 Ghz | 2 GB ram | 232.44 HD | OSX 10.4.11

Sweet! Makes me halfway consider an iPhone, despite my highly frugal nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
Girls with macs are so cute.
"Suffer the little children..." compassion.com
QUOTE Thanks
jonnyd

jonnyd has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8

Aggh. I remember lugging a 35lb suitcase around half of London because the stupid hotel website said it was right next to the station.

Well it wasn't, and I walked about a mile circumnavigating the station before I finally gave up, called them and found they were quarter of a mile away.

Then I realised I had Google maps on my Blackberry and could have found this out before I left the station.
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

OK, I am back from my trip. I have now had my iPhone one whole week. In that one week, it has gone from being a neat toy to an indispensable tool. Anyone who travels a lot on business should not be without one. The email and web interfaces are the best I have ever used, bar none, on a mobile device. Absolutely fantastic. The Google Maps functionality is seamless, and a life saver, per my original post, and the WiFi hookup is "like butter"! What a fabulous device!

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
TOYOTA

TOYOTA will become famous soon enough

Phenomenal story... I love it.

The 'indispensable tool' line could not be more true.

Richard
iPhone
Powerbook 15
Powerbook 17
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone Hookup To TV? | Questions about a few 3rd party apps »