New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - Thinking about an iPhone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CL33Zero

CL33Zero is a jewel in the roughCL33Zero is a jewel in the rough

Well the iPhone is $400 now, and I'm in the market for a new phone. My roommate has one and its a really outstanding little device. Well with some money on the side, and a really big bag of change, I already have $200 dollars ready to go. So it will cost me about $200 more than I am already ready to spend. I only have very limited experience with the iPhones, so I dont know anything about them really. Will I have to upgrade my plan? Im on a family plan, and I'm just a college student living away from home, so my dad pays for my cell bill right now, but I just don't have the ability to upgrade the plan if I have to. My plan has everything I need now anyway, so breaking from the plan I have now would just be plain stupid (great, yet another monthly expense) So could I just drive to the AT&T store and buy it? Or is it more than that? Is there anything I'm missing? Anything someone should fill me in about? Would you do it? For $200 extra?
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.1

If you have an existing family plan through AT&T you should be OK. MY wife and I had the Cingular family share paln, then it was moved over to AT&T when Cingular was bought. She and I both had the free RAZR v3's to use on our plan. After the $200 price drop, I decided to make the iPhone plunge. All I had to do was go to the AT&T store and buy the phone ($425 including tax). I went home and when activating it through iTunes I added the required $20 iPhone Data Plan to my account. This went smoothly and did not affect our overall Family plan or my wife's service rates. It simply added $20 to the overall bill. The $20 is simply associated with my phone number like any other extra service one would add a-la-carte. Hope that helps.
Dave

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Am I taking crazy pills, or did you post this yesterday in another thread?

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Am I taking crazy pills, or did you post this yesterday in another thread?
While you may be crazy, this is a duplicate thread.

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iphone wouldn't hold charge, now dead - completely stock | Who saw this coming? »