New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - 1.1.1 finally here: article link

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/09...date/index.php

MacWorld Article with brief description, can't wait to get home and see what's new.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I like the increased volume and double tap function. Now I just have to wait till this firmware is hackable like the current one is and I'll be ready to update my iPhone

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
tacsniper

tacsniper is an unknown at this point

i wonder how many hours before someone can create a hack for this....
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future

If Apple changed the underlying software to mimic that of the touch, then it may take quite a while as the touch itself hasn't been jailbroken yet. Without jailbreak, you can't do much of anything.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute

Now, hopefully we can get some new, non-1.1.1 threads going again! LOL

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
juco

juco is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: G4 iBook

Now 1.1.1 is out, has anyone tried restoring their phone with 1.0.2? I hear all you have to do is hold shift and click restore, which then allows you to browse for the firmware you want to restore to. Has anyone tried this on mac that can confirm it is in fact the shift key?
QUOTE Thanks
Joe Diver

Joe Diver is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.

This update bricked my iPhone. It keeps getting an error connecting to the iTunes store...says the host is down and try again later....wants to activate the phone and all I can do is make emergency calls on it.
QUOTE Thanks
Joe Diver

Joe Diver is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.

Never mind....fixed it...restarted iTunes and Lil Snitch must have been blocking it...allowed the connection and all is copacetic....
QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

My speakerphone is NOT any louder after the update The iTunes Music Store is way nice though! I also like the new double-tap feature, it goes straight to my Favorites in the Phone button. Much faster for quickly dialing a number.

Mac Sites - down for reconstruction
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

You should also have the option of having the double tap bring up the iPod controls

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
jrichard012

jrichard012 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP and iMac; 2 iPhones 4G; 2 iPADS.

Here is additional information on this update:
http://www.computerworld.com/action/...icleId=9039479

Please note the link at the bottom discussing 15 things to make the device better.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

I will say this, my iPhone with v1.1.1 seems to switch between the OEM applications (phone, iPod, Maps, iCal, etc) much more quickly than before. I wouldn't have believed had I heard it online, but my wife actually noticed it. Sure enough, everything seems much snappier now. Nice!

Someone who hasn't installed the update yet: Please, get a stopwatch or something and see if this is true of just my phone or for everyone. Thanks!
Dave

QUOTE Thanks
Fromasta Flex

Fromasta Flex is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone

HOLY CRAP this update rules!! It fixed the "checkered dots pattern" on my screen!! Now my screen is perfect and I don't have to go to the apple store!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Rizzo

Rizzo is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone

During my update I got a message saying "Cannot update iPhone. An unknown error has occured (1604)." The phone froze on a black screen so I reset it and plugged it back in and now have to restore it and reupdate it I'm guessing. Anyone have this problem?
QUOTE Thanks
CaptSaltyJack

CaptSaltyJack is on a distinguished road

Boo.. I got a yellow warning sign saying "please connect to iTunes." What the heck?? I was connected.. so I had to reconnect, but it didn't detect the phone. I had to turn the phone off, plug back in.. now it's forcing me to do a restore.

Why did this happen? My phone was 100% legit, no hacks of any kind.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What can't you do with the iPod TOUCH, that you can with the iPhone? | Itunes plus drm free downloads from wifi woth new iphone firmware? »