New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - Where to get direct download iPhone 1.0.2

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tacsniper

tacsniper is an unknown at this point

My iPhone should arrive here next week and I would like to download the firmware 1.0.2 before apple replaces with the new one coming out. Does anyone know where I can get a direct download for v1.0.2 so its in my comp. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
SpliCer261

SpliCer261 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone

iNdependence is the software being a mac user you would use to jailbreak and activate your phone.

It contains a read me file with a download link for firmware 1.0.2

But since i'm a nice guy, here it is..saves you the time looking for it

http://content.info.apple.com/iPhone...8_Restore.ipsw

Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing - Solid Snake.
QUOTE Thanks
tacsniper

tacsniper is an unknown at this point

^ thanks Mr. Nice Guy!! Now I hope someone can hack the new firmware =D
QUOTE Thanks
juco

juco is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: G4 iBook

The Dev team are estimating 1 week. I have total confidence they will do it.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

If the new firmware is similar to the touch's, then our fellow touch owners may finally get to enjoy some of the wonderful iPhone hacks, and maybe even a proper calendar app

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
AndrewAZ

AndrewAZ is on a distinguished road

From what I hear the most recent iphone come with 1.1.1.. And so far reverting back doesnt seem possible. My guess is in the next few days 1.1.1 will be cracked or from what I have been reading a lot of normal ATT Iphone owners who have not done any mods to their phones are being bricked. So its possible apple could come out with a 1.1.2 which would basically be a 1.0.2 with a few of the updates and none of the updates targeted at people who unlocked the device.
QUOTE Thanks
NolaWegs

NolaWegs will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone

I recently upgraded to 1.1.1 but after hating my inability to use third-party apps and it's getting rid of my tricorder theme and STTNG customization, I was able to downgrade back to 1.0.2. If you'e unlocked the SIM on ur phone then you may not be able to use the phone or EDGE after the downgrade, but for ATT users like me, it's the greatest thing since the iPhone was originally hacked. All hail the downgrade! btw instructions on how to do this are available at the iphone dev wiki.
QUOTE Thanks
LoOpS

LoOpS can only hope to improve

GO DEV TEAMS! ALL I CAN SAY IS SCREW YOU ATT KEEP HACKING AND UNLOCKING THE IPHONE!

I am just a bit mad ATT wouldn't do no prepaid cards for the iphone, I like using T Mobile Prepaid so maybe this is a message to ATT and Apple. People wanna use the phone carriers they want. There was some sort of chart saying more people bought unlocked iphones to use with T mobile. Sorry for going all crazy hah
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone unlock timeline - Star Wars style | FM Transmitter... Do any of them really work? »