New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPod - Itouch becoming more and more like Iphone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Zabumafu

Zabumafu is on a distinguished road

Well I recently purchased an Itouch last week and I love it. I love the music, video, everything about it. I have no problems with it at all. I love sitting on a couch and without getting up getting blazing fast speeds of wifi internet on your ipod. I love the itunes store, everything about it.

But I think its only going to get better. With word that it may have bluetooth it in, for me this is big because I can play it in my car, and I have a samsung blackjack which has internet sharing via bluetooth.

But anyways I have a quick question;

When I use the internet many times it says that I am using an Iphone, I am look, oo thats cool. This isnt always the best thing though, some sites I visit were made for a mobile phone, in this case iphone, and arn't like they would be on a regular safari web browser. Sometimes it does, and other times it doesnt.

One site that does this for me alot is facebook.com. I will go to facebook.com, it will be the same and etc, I log on and its the same, but after 5 mins it seems to think its a iphone and goes to www.iphone.facebook.com or something along those lines.

Is there a way to stop this?

Also does anyone know if apple will allow 3rd party apps on the itouch and will not "nuke" them like I am hearing about cracked iphones and the dangers application files on iphone?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A few questions... | iphone as an organisational tool »