New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - iphone as an organisational tool

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AlexMacbook

AlexMacbook is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 500GB HDD, 8GB Ram / iPhone 4 32GB / Nano, Touch & Classic / iMac / Apple TV / iPad 64

how good is the iphone as an organisational tool?

i have a macbook (how did you guess?) and i use entourage religiously for contacts/calendars/mail etc and i have been looking for a pda which would sync with this and allow me to view mail already received (no need for real time receiving as my phone will be docking a fair amount) as i may need to find details from emails when im on the road.

what is the calendar like? easy to input? use?

thanks

alex

2009 Macbook Pro 2.53Ghz / 8GB Ram / 500GB HDD :dive: RIP Macbook Black!
QUOTE Thanks
brentano

brentano is on a distinguished road

If you have everything organized on your Mac, you'll get really a really good sync with the iPhone to have access to your calendars and contacts.

Unfortunately, that's about where it ends. Though you can create notes on the iPhone, you can't sync them. Also, you can't attach notes or contacts to events, nor can you use categories on the iPhone.

As for email, the biggest drawback is the tedium involved in deleting messages en masse. If you have an email account that is bombarded by spam, you'll spend a long time cleaning out your iPhone because messages have to be deleted one by one.

I keep an iPhone only account, and set rules on my desktop as to which messages I want forwarded. If I'm away for a while, I'll usually use webmail to check up on my email accounts through Safari.

So, as a full-featured PIM, it's pretty disappointing. Then again, there are some pretty good web-based tools that you can use through the browser, so it may not be a deal breaker.

It's still the best phone, ipod and portable internet device you can get in this shape and size. Despite its somewhat limited feature set in this particular area, it's still a joy to use.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Itouch becoming more and more like Iphone | Having a problem with iPhone song playback »