New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - Limit on how many iPhones per customer at Apple store?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kieran_17

kieran_17 is on a distinguished road

I live in Australia and will be travelling to America soon. I would like to buy 3-4 iPhones to bring back to friends here.

Can you do this? I read that Apple had a 2 per customer limit at the launch, but now that te launch date is long gone I'm thinking maybe they'll have removed this limit.

On the Apple website you can add more than two iPhones to the shopping cart so I assume this would be the same in a store.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

I don't know if there is a limit or not, but I bet you could buy a couple, walk out, walk back in and talk to a different sales person and buy a couple more.

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I don't there's a limit any more. There's no reason for a limit now.

In a related funny story, have you seen the video of the woman who went to an AT&T store with a pile of cash to buy out all the iPhones on the first day? She paid a boy in front of the line $800 to take his spot, obviously he kept his mouth shut about he limit (only 1 per person at the AT&T stores), took the money and went to the back of the line.

She walked in said she wanted to buy all of them, but was given the bad news that she could only by one. An hour later, the boy made it into the store about got his iPhone free with money to spare!

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

if you buy 300 or more they do a background check for drug charges.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
kieran_17

Thanks for the replies. So it looks like it *should* be okay to get about 4 then. Anyone here actually work at an apple store? I guess I could call one up.
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran_17 View Post
Thanks for the replies. So it looks like it *should* be okay to get about 4 then. Anyone here actually work at an apple store? I guess I could call one up.
The local apple stores here in colorado open at 9am and I will give them a call for you when they open.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
MrC

MrC is on a distinguished road

I was just in the Apple store over the weekend, picked up the 8 gb iPod Nano, since I got my iPhone credit and didn't know what else to do with it, so I got my son the Nano. Anyways, back on point, some lil dude picked up 5 iPhones just next to me at the register, I was like what the heck???? Anyways, he picked up 5, so I imagine you getting less wouldn't be an issue.

Good luck!!!
Mr. C
QUOTE Thanks
kieran_17

cool! it should work out fine then, thanks for all the replies
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Syncing outlook 2003 contacts through iTunes to iPhone | Tough Results with Iphone »