New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - Say NO to the 'O' - CHECK IT OUT EVERYONE :)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nickdale

nickdale is on a distinguished road

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/saynotoO2

Come on guys, O2's tariffs need addressing... I REALLY want to get an official iPhone but O2 cannot be serious about the price they are asking for the service they are delivering...

- only 30% coverage... meaning how many of us get NOTHING in the months after launch (note: they didn't even have EDGE coverage at their own launch event in London! So how quick can they be sorting it?)

- Inferior wifi service : Since T-Mobile have starbucks, airports, hotels, bars, restaurants etc etc etc where do cloud actually cover? This was clearly a last min attempt to make the rubbish EDGE coverage seem less, but doesn't do much to stop the majority of the UK having no coverage, once again!

- Abismal allowances for texts and calls... the UK market is at a VERY advanced stage and with other tariffs offering MUCH more for the same price or less then they need to offer more... I'd happily pay it IF the texts and calls were realistic at least... I mean on camparable tariffs...

http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobil...f-line-rental/

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm...3&WT.sv1=link2

these are to highlight but a few... including tariffs from O2 themselves, which just highlight what a joke the iPhone tariffs are.

Also (we shall gloss over the legality of locking a phone in the EU especially one that isn't supplimented by the service provider) What you also have to remember is that these plans that are 35-55 include a highly subsidised or FREE phone, often of comparable value to the beloved iPhone (don't get me wrong here - i think the iPhone price point is spot on) and thats why you pay more for the monthly tariff, because the service provider (O2 etc) subsidise the unit in exchange for the 12/18 month contract.

Here we pay FULL price for the phone but still expect to also pay a full monthly rate... we should be getting cheaper tariffs because O2 don't have to subsidise the unit. OK so that rumoured 40% profit "share" with Apple is harsh, but hey, thats their screw up.. not our fault if their negotiators are rubbish is it?

So basically I am lodging complaints and a petition with those compaints.

I am taking it to O2 in one month and I am also writing to the press to highlight this issue (since they seem to enjoy mocking the iPhone price).

So please, everyone who feels that O2 are being a little silly/downright outrageous with these deals, click, sign the petition and lets see what happens... it doesn't take long to register and it could make a difference..

(oh and everyone who says "apple and O2 will only listen with revenues" and protest by not buying... thats not going to happen and I know that... but don't be so niaeve to think that customer complaints don't dictate policy change, especially very noisy ones ... I have spent many years in companies and it is just this kind of thing that can make a difference. The point is not to get immediate change but for them to reconsider and perhaps alter them after Nov 9th to more reasonable deals... everyone would benefit.)

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/saynotoO2
QUOTE Thanks
nokialed

nokialed is on a distinguished road

T mobile is cloud. nearly all of the cloud ones are just piggybacking the t mobile ones.
every games point in pubs in Cloud.
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

there is no way your gonna change apples decision. BUT I 100% agree with you.

O2 is a bad choice - and the prices - wat ! way too much
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

I can't believe that O2 has specific iPhone pricing that is actually more than non-iPhone plans which have double the capabilities.

QUOTE Thanks
tootallUK

tootallUK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3 MacBook Air 1.7 i5 - also, Mac Mini and dead 12in iBook G4 (RIP)

I had 18 miserable months with an O2 XDA 'PDA' and do not want to repeat my experience of god-awful coverage and even worse customer service with O2...

The PDA never synched properly, despite numerous firmward updates and THREE new handsets...

it became so bad, to a point where the phone would crash whenever I received an incoming call, that in fact, I bought a new handset, re-boxed the XDA and used a cheapo handset in preference... it had no features but at least it would make and receive calls!

O2 coverage was SO poor that at busy venues, only a few O2 users were able to get on a cell at any one time - when I has no signal a friend would, and then, noticing I had a signal suddenly, my friend was complaining of no coverage...

it looks like I will be buying one online, unlocking it and sliding my Vodafone sim in...

Where's the right-click button?
QUOTE Thanks
Levi

Levi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD

I've never had any problems with any provider over the past 7 years (I've been with everyone except one2one/T-Mobile), except for Virgin... I wouldn't go back to them unless I was being paid, and even then I'd keep my current O2 account. The provider isn't really an issue (I've been very happy on O2 and don't plan on switching anytime soon), but yeah... the iPhone specific tariffs are appalling. I won't be getting an iPhone unless I can get it to work on their PAYG plans.

Koalas: The mafia of the animal kingdom.

Now Powered By Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ummmm... No Comment!! | iPhone & iPod on the same Mac? »