Thread: Need input before purchase
09-21-2007, 01:10 PM #1
Need input before purchase
- Member Since
- Aug 26, 2007
- Orange County, Southern California
- Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
I have made the decision to buy the iPhone. But, before doing so, can you answer some questions for me?
1. I have read where telephone reception is not up to par. Specifically, low volume. Any feedback on this?
2. It is my perception that most upgrades to the phone will be in a software update. Is this the case?
3. How bad is EDGE? I am not a purist, but do expect some level of quality. How does connectivity work? Can I get it most anywhere, or are there only specific locations and conditions under which I can access the i/net?
4. Can I read my existing email account or when going with AT&T do I have to get a new address?
5. Are there any really annoying quirks with it?
Thanks a lot for your help. I was going to wait on this, but being your basic compulsive gadget guy, I think I might bite the bullet.
09-21-2007, 02:35 PM #2
- Member Since
- Nov 18, 2006
- Anytown, USA
- 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad
Of course software updates will be easy, but there probably will be a new iPhone as early at Q1 next year with 3G capability. I would expect any design changes for at least a year.
As far as coverage, GSM is pretty widespread, but every area is different. Check out your area on their coverage map. You have to put in your address to get the real detail: http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/
Anything you can do on the web sans flash you can do with the iPhone, so you should be able to check email at least through the web. I don't see why you would have to change your email."Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By 1014510 in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 3Last Post: 08-08-2012, 10:31 AM
By Joey Sarks in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 8Last Post: 04-18-2012, 05:58 AM
By Skai in forum Schweb's LoungeReplies: 8Last Post: 11-15-2008, 09:47 PM
By Vinny Vegas in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 4Last Post: 10-21-2008, 04:39 PM
By techmonkey in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 6Last Post: 03-08-2007, 07:50 PM