New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - The Saddest Day of my iPhone life

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ambivalent

ambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro - iPhone

Today, I was shopping on a hip street downtown, buying clothes at american apparel, eating indian food at the best restaurant ever, when I needed a bathroom quite urgently... drug store here I come!
As i pull down my pants my iPhone went straight from my back pocket to the disgusting toilet bowl. I snatched it out as quick as a fox and dried it off right quick but the bottom half of the screen was no longer touch sensitive, and the "not a iPhone accessory" error popped up ever 1-5 minutes. I cried.
So, I rushed to the apple store and (not telling them about the toilet) they tried to help but ended up handing be a brand new phone. GOSH I'm so relieved and happy !! I also bought a case and screen protector too keep my perfectly shiney new phone from getting scratched or dinged, I QUITE like the case, here is a picture!

here is the link the the case: iSee iPhone

The screen protector is a static cling one that is anti-glare, I am not sure of the brand because my brother gave me one of his. It is great though, like the old matte screens, nice on the fingertips!

<3T

She figured out that the only way to keep from being frozen was to stay in motion,
and long ago converted most of her flesh into liquid.
Now when she smells danger, she spills herself all over, like gasoline, and lights it.
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Oh my you lucky gal! Brand new one after you dropped yours in the toilet

QUOTE Thanks
iKitten

iKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |

Now that's customer service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
Girls with macs are so cute.
"Suffer the little children..." compassion.com
QUOTE Thanks
ambivalent

ambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKitten View Post
Now that's customer service!
i know right! They're perfect. I feel a little bad cause it was my fault but heeey i paid $600 i deserve it right?

dont report me!!

<3

She figured out that the only way to keep from being frozen was to stay in motion,
Now when she smells danger, she spills herself all over, like gasoline, and lights it.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

LOL, that's funny

This is why I keep my iPhone in my front pocket

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

I've dropped a work pager in the toilet before. Everyone had a nice little laugh over that one.

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
skye

skye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
I've dropped a work pager in the toilet before. Everyone had a nice little laugh over that one.
lol when i read this, i read "i dropped a worker in the toilet before"

hehe

Blog- My random musings as I document the spiritual changes I go through.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1st Corinithians 3:13
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

You deserve to get a replacement only cause you stuck your hand in that disgusting toilet bowl....
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

So what your saying is you scammed apple for a new iphone?
hmmm....
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

What she did was smile and batted her eyes and the young man give a new one.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
ambivalent

hey hey now. I CRIED when my phone started gliching out.

I didnt scam them! He probably would've given me a new one regardless

QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

Luckily these phones are still buggy and Apple is cool enough to replace them pretty easily.
I don't know if I'd be bold enough to ask for a replacement and hope I don't ever have to open my pockets for a new one.

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent View Post
hey hey now. I CRIED when my phone started gliching out.

I didnt scam them! He probably would've given me a new one regardless
First off... no worries Im totally joking....

Let me say Apple does everything they can to make you happy... Im sure the guy who worked there knew you damaged it but they dont care.... they give you a new one becuase the one you had will be sent back and made brand new in no time...

I tell all of my friends I have never had any problems at the apple store... I got my phone at the Online Apple store it had issues and the apple store guy returned it for a new one as a non receipt return... Im glad you got a new one they should have insurance on those phones....

PS technically you did scam, if you want to feel better about yourself go back to the store say the truth and if they still let you keep it then your ok... careful Karma lurks on every corner Muhahahahaah......

LOL
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

btw did the iphone float? LOL
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

So, did you tell them that it got wet and leave out the toilet part, or did you leave out the wetness part altogether?

I was planning on getting a refurb iPhone, but now that I know there's a toilet water iPhone "floating" about, I'm not sure if I want to risk getting yours!

Cute picture. Has anyone told you that you look a little like Anne Hathaway? (if she had a few more piercings )

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« custom ringtones | v1.1.2 is Out »