New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - Rant.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Im Too Blue

Im Too Blue is on a distinguished road

Tonight I purchased my first iPhone at my local At&t, just speaking of at&t makes me wonder why I'm not ranting about them. But anyways, I get the phone and immediately get on iTunes to register this thing. It asks some basics, are you a new customer or already a customer, and what not. It starts to ask me for my number, last 4 social security digits, and billing zip code. After about 5 tries of it not going through, I decided to call at&t. They say my zip code isn't 27511, but now its 27604 or something along those lines. So I'm just like whatever I just want to get this registration over with. Now it is asking for my iTunes username and password, do I look like I buy iTunes over priced music?? No, I do not. The guy tells me "Apple is updating there iTunes in the southern region", meaning Flordia, North Carolina, etc. So basically I have an iPhone which I won't be able to use until Monday, THANK YOU ****ING APPLE.
QUOTE Thanks
ArmanSLR

ArmanSLR is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0 GHz CD 2 GB RAM, 23" Samsung HDTV/Monitor , JBL Creature II, Apple Xbox 360,

chill..... what do you expect apple to do? never update their iTunes so that people won't have to ever wait to register their iPhones? god ****... 3 days just think you didnt buy it today ffs...

QUOTE Thanks
Im Too Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmanSLR View Post
chill..... what do you expect apple to do? never update their iTunes so that people won't have to ever wait to register their iPhones? god ****... 3 days just think you didnt buy it today ffs...
or... NOT. I just paid $400 for an apple product, why should I have to wait until Monday. AT&T could of easily of told me I wouldn't be able to register the phone today, tomorrow, or the next day. But no, they sold me a product which I cannot use. This is gay.
QUOTE Thanks
gazelleintense

gazelleintense is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0 GHz (Aluminum)

ATT stinks... I stopped using them years ago... why on earth did apple choose them?

$400 phone? iPass... not for me.
QUOTE Thanks
Im Too Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazelleintense View Post
especially when you can't even use it, till monday.
QUOTE Thanks
boneheadz

boneheadz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Too Blue View Post
especially when you can't even use it, till monday.
That really sucks. The most exciting part of a new gadget is unboxing, setting it up and using it. I hate waiting for the battery to charge, I would be going out of my mind.

If it helps, us Canadian can't get them at all. (yes, I know unlocked but at 50$ a mb for data not a great option.)
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Get over it, things happen. You're not the only one that their updating of the store effects.

But I have a question for you.... why do you have to wait until Monday? The store should be back up in a few hours...

QUOTE Thanks
ibookmobile007

ibookmobile007 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS

I purchased mine online and paid the extra for overnight.I have been a cingular customer for over 5 years now.at&t just bought out Cingular.As Cingular had bought out at&t because of their S***y service.Speaking as a Cingular Rep(Part time)That att Does have its problems about customer support.Seeing that the over abundance of new customers -att is still not able to handle all the orders at one time.Sorry for your slow process but i would just wait it out.You could even call att and b***h about the situation and i can almost assure you that they will asset some sort of credit to your account IF YOU THROW UP ENOUGH FUEL!Trust me on this one.But you did not hear it from me!you should be able to receive a 2 month credit for your data plan.Meaning no pay for 2 months.
Regards
QUOTE Thanks
Im Too Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamindaines View Post
Get over it, things happen. You're not the only one that their updating of the store effects.

But I have a question for you.... why do you have to wait until Monday? The store should be back up in a few hours...
How about you pay $400 for a product, don't use it for 3 days, and then you can tell me to get over it. It is ridiculous that they would not warn me about this, before they decide to sell me it.

The guy from AT&T said it wouldn't be up until monday, but I should just try everyday to make sure.
QUOTE Thanks
proxy

proxy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazelleintense View Post
ATT stinks... I stopped using them years ago... why on earth did apple choose them?

apple used att as att will give them money from the calls your make on your iphone and att let apple change there network e.g buy contract on itunes not in store and changes like visual voicemail

just be glad you can buy one and use it i am in the u.k if i want an iphone i have to buy it from ebay with stupid mark up and loads of shipping then unlock it my self use it untill apple lock it back up agen
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

Sounds like the next two years will be **** for you. I took my iPhone in today for the second time. They gave me a new one, no questions asked. I also got the $100 rebate yesterday. If that's not exceptional customer service, I would love to know what is. I've also had huge problems with AT&T (They ruined my credit score for services that I never got.) I got the iPhone and they're service has been great. I would agree that their service is hit and miss though.
Maybe the problem lies elsewhere, i.e., you.

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
JusBL@zE

JusBL@zE is on a distinguished road

If you are so unsatisfied with the product, return it!
QUOTE Thanks
ibookmobile007

ibookmobile007 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryphotoguy View Post
Sounds like the next two years will be **** for you. I took my iPhone in today for the second time. They gave me a new one, no questions asked. I also got the $100 rebate yesterday. If that's not exceptional customer service, I would love to know what is. I've also had huge problems with AT&T (They ruined my credit score for services that I never got.) I got the iPhone and they're service has been great. I would agree that their service is hit and miss though.
Maybe the problem lies elsewhere, i.e., you.
Hey friend!Thanks for your previous advice about the iMac a while back...But yes it is hit and miss with att.Before i became in tuned with Cingular,att tried to run my credit amok!See there is something that most do not know about signing that "2-year agreement"READ THE FINE PRINT!DO NOT SIGN WITHOUT READING THE INFORMATION!Even if it takes you 2 hours!read all of the fine print!You do not have to tie into a 2 year agreement to have full service!I learned this clause after purchasing a Motorola STARTAC (when they first came out with the price tag of 900.00)I got the phone dirt cheap but when i canceled early and paid the 200.00 early fee they were still charging me,because they considered me as still not owning the merchandise until the full term of the 2 years was up!There is a clause where you can sign a contract to cancel without the outlandish cancellation fees that will incur if you cancel services before the 2 years is up.They will not tell you this because the company pushes sales personal as well as over the phone reps that this is your only option which is totally untrue.You can actually have a contract where you do not have to tie into 2 years and where if you cancel early you are not hit with the over abundance of bs fees.My wife and i are on a month to month plan(NOT PREPAID BUT ACTUAL FULL SERVICE!).If we choose not to continue payment at anytime we do not incur the outlandish fees that they impose!
And the fault does fall on the person whom is purchasing the mobile.They can sometimes take up to 5 days to actually activate your services,UNLESS YOU GRAB THE SITUATION BY THE BALLS AND USE A LITTLE BRUTE FORCE!Verbally of course.
Regards
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Too Blue View Post
How about you pay $400 for a product, don't use it for 3 days, and then you can tell me to get over it. It is ridiculous that they would not warn me about this, before they decide to sell me it.

The guy from AT&T said it wouldn't be up until monday, but I should just try everyday to make sure.
I waited 2 months from the date it was released to when my Verizon contract ended, then paid $600 for it and only got 100 back. So I still paid 100 more than you did.

Your second line shows that they warned you about it, if the guy told you it wouldn't be up until Monday you were warned. Go do something, there's only one day left.

QUOTE Thanks
kilo15

kilo15 will become famous soon enough

I am going to buy one today if I have the time. I live in florida so I might be affected. I am going to buy two phones. Do I care if I have to wait till monday. No! If it happens it happens. There are other phones for emergencies.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone Timer | Am I the only one that hates the new sync process?? »