New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - Any REAL solutions for Skype on iPhone?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Coney Island

Coney Island is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Sorry if this has been discussed or posted somewhere before, i tried searching...

Anyways im wondering if anyone know of any real apps developed for the iphone for skype. I've tried the safari solutions, while they work well for the IM, they really suck in terms of voice calls......because it still end up costing minutes when they issue a call back on the phone. Thats stupid... why would anyone want that anyways... stupid stupid stupid. Im using a prepaid sim through airvoice atm on my iphone, and def dont wanna waste minutes when im at my house with wifi, so im definitely waiting for a true VIOP service. (im currently subscribed to skype's one year unlimited plan so it would go really well with this.)

So anyone know of anything? if not a real app, but perhaps a web solution that actually calls through the web to the second person instead of calling me back and costing me minutes?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Unfortunately, there isn't a VOIP solution for the iPhone yet, not even by third-party developers. Though I would imagine it happening eventually.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
moritzb

moritzb is on a distinguished road

have you tried spreed yet? They heavily promote their service for iPhones in Germany. I couldn't test it yet, since I don't have an iPhone. However, I would like to base my buying decision on whether voip is possible or not. Please advice.

Moritz
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Use iPhone as a modem for Macbook Pro? | iPhone/iPhoto Question »