New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - Screen lock Code

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bigtool4u2

Bigtool4u2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 17" G4, 2GB RAM, Ipod 30GB

Hi Guys,

Im thinking of purchasing the iPhone but as it goes Im really obsessed about security. Now what I want to find out, is there a way of applying an unlock code to unlock the phone? The thing is I dont want to leave my phone and having anyone reading my mail or sms messages.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
SpliCer261

SpliCer261 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone

yeah, you can give a passcode lock code on the iphone!

so you are safe from anyone accessing your iphone and checking your sms, phonecalls, mails if you ever leave it and fear someone might be peeping through it.

Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing - Solid Snake.
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

the passcode feature is nice... but if they steal the phone, they can simply do a full restore on itunes and bam.... I hear even if you shut the service off anyone can still use ll of the functions of the iphone except of course connecting it... but im sure there are ways around that people always find a way
QUOTE Thanks
Bigtool4u2

Thanks guys, now its just a matter of waiting for it to arrive in the UK.
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

people tell me its not far from happening id say before xmas... especially with how many will be sold in the UK geez
QUOTE Thanks
SpliCer261

SpliCer261 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone

There is an event coming soon from apple.. Apparently the Uk press are being invited.

I'm sure apple will announce the european iphone, its features, and launch date etc

Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing - Solid Snake.
QUOTE Thanks
Spartan117

Spartan117 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 13inch white 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM

will reset keep any data you might have on the phone? Or will it wipe the data until you sync with iTunes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjuicy23 View Post
the passcode feature is nice... but if they steal the phone, they can simply do a full restore on itunes and bam.... I hear even if you shut the service off anyone can still use ll of the functions of the iphone except of course connecting it... but im sure there are ways around that people always find a way

Best,
Patrick
D/FW, TX
QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

airwalk331 is on a distinguished road

If the UK gets a 3G iphone i'll be soooo jealous!!
QUOTE Thanks
Bigtool4u2

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwalk331 View Post
If the UK gets a 3G iphone i'll be soooo jealous!!
Did you mean 30GB? If we got a 30GB in the UK then I'd be 1st in line getting one. Right now I have a dilema, I have about 30GB of music and i just want to have one device that plays mp3 and make calls. Basically I dont want to be carrying around an ipod and a phone which Im currently doing. The iphone is what im after so I think I will wait until they release one with a decent amount of storage space. Then I will be able to ditch my ipod and just use the iphone for making calls and listening to music.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
will reset keep any data you might have on the phone? Or will it wipe the data until you sync with iTunes?
When you restore an iPhone, it wipes it completely clean, just like it was when you first took it out of the box. Fortunately, syncing the phone with iTunes restores most of the data (you might have to change a setting here or there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtool4u2 View Post
Did you mean 30GB?
No, he means 3G as in the data network. The iPhone currently supports the EDGE network, which is like 2.5 or 2.75G. 3G is a newer, faster data network that's offered by most, if not all, European cellular providers.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Bigtool4u2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
When you restore an iPhone, it wipes it completely clean, just like it was when you first took it out of the box. Fortunately, syncing the phone with iTunes restores most of the data (you might have to change a setting here or there).

No, he means 3G as in the data network. The iPhone currently supports the EDGE network, which is like 2.5 or 2.75G. 3G is a newer, faster data network that's offered by most, if not all, European cellular providers.
Sorry I got it all wrong lol. I thought it was a typo.
QUOTE Thanks
ibookmobile007

ibookmobile007 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS

Well if you were to register your iPhone on Safeware.com then if it was stolen they reimburse you for the loss.
QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

airwalk331 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtool4u2 View Post
Did you mean 30GB? If we got a 30GB in the UK then I'd be 1st in line getting one. Right now I have a dilema, I have about 30GB of music and i just want to have one device that plays mp3 and make calls. Basically I dont want to be carrying around an ipod and a phone which Im currently doing. The iphone is what im after so I think I will wait until they release one with a decent amount of storage space. Then I will be able to ditch my ipod and just use the iphone for making calls and listening to music.
I meant 3G as a network. But yeah, if a 30 gig iPhone came out, I'd get it in a heartbeat. I'm in the same boat as you... kinda. I have verizon now (in the states) but want a device big enough to hold all my music now (15 gigs or so) and a bunch of video and 8 or even 16 gigs is just not enough for me. I'm trying to decide on what kind of new ipod i should get or if i should switch to at&t and get the iphone as my verizon contract ends in january. Hmmmmm....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is there any chance Apple will switch service providers? | Does the Iphone 3g internet built in? »