Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   iPhone Hardware and Accessories (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/iphone-hardware-accessories/)
-   -   Screen lock Code (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/iphone-hardware-accessories/76975-screen-lock-code.html)

Bigtool4u2 09-13-2007 06:49 AM

Screen lock Code
 
Hi Guys,

Im thinking of purchasing the iPhone but as it goes Im really obsessed about security. Now what I want to find out, is there a way of applying an unlock code to unlock the phone? The thing is I dont want to leave my phone and having anyone reading my mail or sms messages.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

SpliCer261 09-13-2007 07:16 AM

yeah, you can give a passcode lock code on the iphone!

so you are safe from anyone accessing your iphone and checking your sms, phonecalls, mails if you ever leave it and fear someone might be peeping through it.

macjuicy23 09-13-2007 08:10 AM

the passcode feature is nice... but if they steal the phone, they can simply do a full restore on itunes and bam.... I hear even if you shut the service off anyone can still use ll of the functions of the iphone except of course connecting it... but im sure there are ways around that people always find a way

Bigtool4u2 09-13-2007 08:14 AM

Thanks guys, now its just a matter of waiting for it to arrive in the UK.

macjuicy23 09-13-2007 08:18 AM

people tell me its not far from happening id say before xmas... especially with how many will be sold in the UK geez

SpliCer261 09-13-2007 06:34 PM

There is an event coming soon from apple.. Apparently the Uk press are being invited.

I'm sure apple will announce the european iphone, its features, and launch date etc

Spartan117 09-13-2007 08:16 PM

will reset keep any data you might have on the phone? Or will it wipe the data until you sync with iTunes?


Quote:

Originally Posted by macjuicy23 (Post 483694)
the passcode feature is nice... but if they steal the phone, they can simply do a full restore on itunes and bam.... I hear even if you shut the service off anyone can still use ll of the functions of the iphone except of course connecting it... but im sure there are ways around that people always find a way


airwalk331 09-13-2007 09:21 PM

If the UK gets a 3G iphone i'll be soooo jealous!!

Bigtool4u2 09-14-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airwalk331 (Post 484094)
If the UK gets a 3G iphone i'll be soooo jealous!!

Did you mean 30GB? If we got a 30GB in the UK then I'd be 1st in line getting one. Right now I have a dilema, I have about 30GB of music and i just want to have one device that plays mp3 and make calls. Basically I dont want to be carrying around an ipod and a phone which Im currently doing. The iphone is what im after so I think I will wait until they release one with a decent amount of storage space. Then I will be able to ditch my ipod and just use the iphone for making calls and listening to music.

Kash 09-14-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan117 (Post 484060)
will reset keep any data you might have on the phone? Or will it wipe the data until you sync with iTunes?

When you restore an iPhone, it wipes it completely clean, just like it was when you first took it out of the box. Fortunately, syncing the phone with iTunes restores most of the data (you might have to change a setting here or there).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtool4u2 (Post 484619)
Did you mean 30GB?

No, he means 3G as in the data network. The iPhone currently supports the EDGE network, which is like 2.5 or 2.75G. 3G is a newer, faster data network that's offered by most, if not all, European cellular providers.

Bigtool4u2 09-14-2007 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kash (Post 484629)
When you restore an iPhone, it wipes it completely clean, just like it was when you first took it out of the box. Fortunately, syncing the phone with iTunes restores most of the data (you might have to change a setting here or there).



No, he means 3G as in the data network. The iPhone currently supports the EDGE network, which is like 2.5 or 2.75G. 3G is a newer, faster data network that's offered by most, if not all, European cellular providers.

Sorry I got it all wrong lol. I thought it was a typo.

ibookmobile007 09-14-2007 05:31 PM

Well if you were to register your iPhone on Safeware.com then if it was stolen they reimburse you for the loss.

airwalk331 09-15-2007 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtool4u2 (Post 484619)
Did you mean 30GB? If we got a 30GB in the UK then I'd be 1st in line getting one. Right now I have a dilema, I have about 30GB of music and i just want to have one device that plays mp3 and make calls. Basically I dont want to be carrying around an ipod and a phone which Im currently doing. The iphone is what im after so I think I will wait until they release one with a decent amount of storage space. Then I will be able to ditch my ipod and just use the iphone for making calls and listening to music.

I meant 3G as a network. But yeah, if a 30 gig iPhone came out, I'd get it in a heartbeat. I'm in the same boat as you... kinda. I have verizon now (in the states) but want a device big enough to hold all my music now (15 gigs or so) and a bunch of video and 8 or even 16 gigs is just not enough for me. I'm trying to decide on what kind of new ipod i should get or if i should switch to at&t and get the iphone as my verizon contract ends in january. Hmmmmm....


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.