New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - Got the 8 gig - some observations

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

remltr

remltr is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mac mini 512 1.2 20" cinema

Just got the iPhone 8 gig and am pretty much loving it.

Couple of things that I have noticed:

Speaker phone at full volume is pretty quiet. Not loud enough to hear a conversation while driving down the road.

The cable that I have running from my JVC stereo (Toyoto factory) that I had installed for my Video iPod will charge the unit and allows me to play through the stereo even though when I plug it in it comes up with the message that says "this device was not produced for the iPhone, do you want to turn off the phone to avoid interference?" I can't control it via the head other than the volume, which is the way the iPod functioned as well.

The next two items function with the iPod but not the iPhone.

It will not allow me to play via iTunes when plugged into my Mac. Recordings are grayed out. The recordings are not purchased songs. Just stuff that I record via streamng web or that I have recorded via a little mp3 radio recorder that I have.

It does not display the time left or used on a recording. This was a nice feature on the iPod that I could use if I was done listening in the truck and was going to finish up via the Mac in the house. Related to the paragraph above. I know that I can always plug in headphones or just play it via the speaker. Just saying.

But overall I am pretty darn impressed with this little piece of magic.

I remember the days when people would carry cell phones as big as bricks in a brief case. No belt clips in those days.

Got a case on the way from here http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/elansnapin/.

And got a device mount on the way from here http://www.proclipusa.com/choosecoun...secountry.aspx

Tomorrow I am going to try see if it will recognize my bluetooth gps even though there is no software at the moment for that device.
QUOTE Thanks
remltr

remltr is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mac mini 512 1.2 20" cinema

Quote:
It does not display the time left or used on a recording.
Yes it actually does. You just need to tap the center of the screen and the elapsed time will display.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« best screen cleaner | Free ringtones FROM iTunes! So fast, so easy. »