Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Specs:
    15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
    iPhone ran over! CRUNCH! Screen is smashed, what do I do?
    Hey all. Its a sad day for my iPhone. This afternoon I was riding around on my scooter. My iPhone was attached to my arm and I was jamming to some tunes. Next thing I know, my iPhone falls off my arm. I did a U-Turn and by the time I got to it, someone had ran over it

What do I do? I had heard about applecare being offered eventually on the iPhones, but never really heard if that panned out. Is it covered under warranty. My second question, is being ran over something that will be covered? Or am I better off calling AT&T, getting insurance on it, and in a week saying it was stolen or something? HELPPPPPPP!!!!

17" 1.86 mhz iMac Core Duo, 13" 1.86 mhz Core Duo MacBook, 60 gig video iPod (black), 4GB iPhone

www.ryanlukewagner.com

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15" 2.2 ghz 24" iMac 2.4 ghz
    you're better off getting insurance from at&t. I doubt Applecare will cover something like this.

Specs:
    well, do they cover a drop and a break? essentially thats what happened... only it was dropped at a speed of 50 mph. theres a slight crease in the back of it which makes me think it was ran over. anybody else?

is there applecare on the iphone or is insurance covered with the steep $500 i paid for this baby? or is your "applecare" provided with insurance through AT&T?

17" 1.86 mhz iMac Core Duo, 13" 1.86 mhz Core Duo MacBook, 60 gig video iPod (black), 4GB iPhone

www.ryanlukewagner.com

yeah call and get insurance if you still can

MacHeadCase
    AppleCare doesn't cover accidents only manufacturing defects.

Specs:
    2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
    You are probably out of luck. As MHC said, AppleCare doesn't cover accidents.

Specs:
    ok, my buddy that works at the apple store is telling me AT&T doesnt offer insurance on the iphones... is this true?

if so, thats ridiculous. what if i pop my sim card (assuming its not destroyed) in another AT&T phone, call and get insurance on my "iphone" and in a week, it is mysteriously stolen?

theres got to be a way for me to not get completly hosed out of $500 bucks.

www.ryanlukewagner.com

MacHeadCase
    What if you drove your scooter into a tree. Would the scooter manufacturer replace your broken up scooter, then?

Specs:
    no, but my insurance would. so the issue is, is there insurance offered for the iphone through AT&T? and if my scooter was stolen, it would be replaced as well.

www.ryanlukewagner.com

MacHeadCase
    Guess you'll have to see with them then. But since the damage is already done, how would they sign you up?

Specs:
    New MACBOOK
    Insurance fraud is illegal, and posting on a website with information showing you broke it, and then saying you want to lie about how it was broken is not only immoral, but illegal. Its funny that people get banned for arguing on this site, but discussing illegal activities gets people to give you advice on how to do it. I do not condone insurance fraud, nor do I have any sympathy for you. Things break, that is why even though the iphone is cool, its not practical for me because it is too fragile. Good luck, I hope you are able to fix it somehow, but I hope you do it in a legal way.

Specs:
    2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnatomyOfARyan View Post
    no, but my insurance would. so the issue is, is there insurance offered for the iphone through AT&T? and if my scooter was stolen, it would be replaced as well.
    Call and ask AT&T about the insurance.

MacHeadCase
    Thumbs up
    My thoughts too, hondagus87.

Specs:
    ok, i agree with what you have to say about insurance fraud. im just kind of at a loss for what to do. im not planning on doing anything illegal or stupid over a phone. thats not worth it if i were to be caught.

im just gonna have to call AT&T and see what they can do for me. if there really is no real insurance for this phone, besides my home owners insurance, im not sure ill be throwing a couple hundred bucks at another iphone. the fact that there might not be any insurance for something this expensive is crazy. its a cell phone, and to my knowledge, this may be the only phone that doesnt offer insurance.

www.ryanlukewagner.com

Specs:
    New MACBOOK
    Based on your insurance company, your homeowners insurance may cover it if you have an electronics coverage plan, or computer coverage plan. My renters insurance covered my laptop when its motherboard died, but that was a manufacturers defect, so just make sure you look into it and avoid anything illegal.

Thread Information