New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - Nobody Can Hear Me!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tmaclean

tmaclean is on a distinguished road

Okay, so I've gone through a couple iPhones now. Both are experiencing the same problem. When I make a call, I can hear the other person completely fine, but they can't hear me. Most people would immediately guess that I just don't have a strong enough signal, but I have at least 2 or 3 bars the entire time. Can anybody think of a solution that could help me fix my problem? Could AT&T do something on their side to help people to be able to hear me?
QUOTE Thanks
livatlantis

livatlantis will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac mini (1G)/ 1.42 GHz PPC / 512MB Crucial RAM / 80 GB HDD / 160GB LaCie mini

I'd recommend talking to AT&T about this.

Make sure you don't call them from your iPhone though (okay, fine, cheesy joke)

Reality Equation of Infinite Variables
http://www.realityequation.net/
QUOTE Thanks
savagehenry

savagehenry will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Powerbook G4, iPhone

Are you always calling from the same physical location? I have a spot in my house that usually gives me trouble...
QUOTE Thanks
tmaclean

tmaclean is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry View Post
Are you always calling from the same physical location? I have a spot in my house that usually gives me trouble...
It usually is the same area, but I've had a Cingular/AT&T phone for five years and it wasn't until the past couple weeks that I've had this problem. I would understand if my phone said I had no service or I was unable to hear the other person. Less bars in less places!
QUOTE Thanks
jab119

jab119 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaclean View Post
It usually is the same area, but I've had a Cingular/AT&T phone for five years and it wasn't until the past couple weeks that I've had this problem. I would understand if my phone said I had no service or I was unable to hear the other person. Less bars in less places!
there could still be a problem with the tower serving your house. Different phones are more prone to certain issues than other phones or certain phones "find" the problems faster than other phones.

Its called 1 way audio, it happens a lot and the usually have to replace a radio in the cell site or fix/replace the amplifier.

but do try driving several miles from your house to get on another tower to see if your problem goes away.

also try calling someone and then try to call them to see which direction the problem is in. Believe it or not, the more detailed info you can give AT&T the quicker they can find the trouble.

power cycling the phone is always good, I would tell yo to remove the battery, but since you have an iphone... that aint happening
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Will Video iPod connector work with iPhone? | iPhone ran over! CRUNCH! Screen is smashed, what do I do? »