New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - iPhone?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Im Too Blue

Im Too Blue is on a distinguished road

I'm thinking about buying an iPhone, I was considering getting one of the new iPods yesterday, because I lost my old one. So... I thought my as well get the iPhone which has an iPod in itself. They also brought the price down to $399 recently.

My question is, I already have AT&T and I was wondering if I could just buy an iPhone and put my current sim card into the iPhone? How much does the internet and all of that cost as well?

Also can you please include any information, the negatives and positives? I know you all love apple and their products but please just tell me the negatives, instead of me finding out on my own.
QUOTE Thanks
sanity1082

sanity1082 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle

http://www.apple.com/iphone/easysetup/rateplans.html if you go here you can see plans for existing att custumers and you will also have to pay an activation fee
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

The iPhone actually comes with its own SIM card, so you don't need to swap it out. Fortunately, the activation process is really simple. Just plug it into your computer, and the activation process begins in iTunes. Click on the link sanity provided for more details on the process.

I personally love my iPhone and would definitely recommend it. I can't really think of any negatives, unless you're a big fan of MMS messaging

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Im Too Blue

Im Too Blue is on a distinguished road

How much does it cost for the internet,mail, and all of those options?
QUOTE Thanks
savagehenry

savagehenry will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Powerbook G4, iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbyhewitt View Post
How much does it cost for the internet,mail, and all of those options?
20 bucks a month more than a standard minutes only plan. --Thats a flat rate for unlimited data transfer.
QUOTE Thanks
Michael415

Michael415 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry View Post
20 bucks a month more than a standard minutes only plan. --Thats a flat rate for unlimited data transfer.
Unless you use chat (aim, yahoo, etc) those are counted against ur instant msgs and for 20 bucks a month you only get 200.

I was bummed, seriously was ready to switch over my account but the activation fee, limit on instant msging and the loss of my national account discount (att won't honor it w/the iphone) I cant justify it as of yet.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« wifi itunes | iphone plan activation fee for existing at&t customer? »