New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - iPhone updates

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

j21m2293

j21m2293 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch

hello there,
i was sending a text meesage they other day on my 8 gb. iphone wen i accidently left my finger on 1 of the words and a mangnfying circle came up just like the 1 on emai i was wondering has this alwways been there or did they add this with 1.02 updae??? and side note if u have downloaded itunes 7.4 they have already added an ringtone tab under your iphone although they have not came out with ringtones yet.
QUOTE Thanks
SpliCer261

SpliCer261 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone

Magnifying glass has always been there

it's there incase you made a mistake and want to move your cursor back more visibly. Nice little touch!

And i'm sure they will release the ringtones soon though

Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing - Solid Snake.
QUOTE Thanks
j21m2293

yeh i just guess i have not notice it but yeh i think it is a ice touch . yeh i'm anxtious for the ringtone i might be worng but i think you choose what part of the song u want to be played as rigtone . i also dont ggt why people are complaining about them charging 99 cents to make a ringtone if i call correctly at&t charged 99 cetsto buy a ringtone also
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

The thing isn't that they're charging 99 cents, it's that they're charging you 99 cents ON TOP of paying 99 cents for the song. So if you don't already own the song, you end up paying two bucks for a 30 second ringtone.

It would have been fine if Apple only charged 20 or 30 cents on top of the cost of the song, but paying the full price of the song just to get 30 seconds out of it is just ridiculous.

I would actually much rather use Audacity to make my own ringtone and then throw it on the iPhone via SSH, all for free.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
j21m2293

yeh but isnt it the full length song that u can put on your ipod also correct me if im wwrong but your byuing a song for 99 cents but then your paying 99 cents for it to be a ringtone which is the ssame as company charge anyways
QUOTE Thanks
I Can Has Mac!

I Can Has Mac! is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Iphone 8gig, inherited powerbook (beer+mac=power-brick)

2 bucks a ringtone= no beuno

Not a fanboy just enlightened.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Does anyone know if the screens are still bad? | iPhone idea »