New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - Am I the only one that hates the new sync process??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dfwxjer

dfwxjer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: G4 MDD dual 1ghz, 2 gigs RAM; 5.5G iPod, 2G iPod Shuffle

My regular iPod is extremely easy to add music to. I just drag and drop from my iTunes library with no issues.

Now with my Shuffle I have to sync with just one computer, and with my iPhone I have to create a playlist of what I want sync'ed to it.

Why the difference??
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Hmmm. I've put music on my wife's Shuffle (newer one) from both her and my Macs. I just put it in Manual and clicked CANCEL when the warning came up, then just dragged and dropped. Has something new changed as of late?

I agree about the iPhone though, it seems a bit silly.

QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

check your autosyc prefs. As these could affect the performance and time it takes.
QUOTE Thanks
dfwxjer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Hmmm. I've put music on my wife's Shuffle (newer one) from both her and my Macs. I just put it in Manual and clicked CANCEL when the warning came up, then just dragged and dropped. Has something new changed as of late?

I agree about the iPhone though, it seems a bit silly.
I have it in manual mode, but for some reason it says it's already sync'ed with one computer. So if I want to load music from my MacBook, I have to wipe out everything I loaded from my PowerMac. It's really not a huge deal, but still bothersome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christm View Post
check your autosyc prefs. As these could affect the performance and time it takes.
Since the first day I got my iPod mini I've always used manual mode on all of my iPods. For some reason the phone just requires me to sync it with a playlist. After a couple days it's not too big of a deal. I just have my iPhone playlist that I update.
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

I save in two different audio formats on my computer so I have two different playlists. I use Apple Lossless so I have the highest quality music playing through my stereo at home. I save all my music for the iPhone in the 128 AAC format to conserve space. 8GB isn't enough space for me so I have to jam pack my iPhone with as much music as it can fit.
An iPhone specific playlist is ideal for me.
-Peace

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwxjer View Post
I have it in manual mode, but for some reason it says it's already sync'ed with one computer. So if I want to load music from my MacBook, I have to wipe out everything I loaded from my PowerMac. It's really not a huge deal, but still bothersome.
Ya, it does that on mine too. Click cancel and load up the music you want. It still shows up in iTunes and still allows me to upload music, it just doesn't associate that iPod with my library.

QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

airwalk331 is on a distinguished road

Does the new itunes still aloow you to be able to drag and drop music onto ipods as long as the ipod is in manual mode??
QUOTE Thanks
dfwxjer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Ya, it does that on mine too. Click cancel and load up the music you want. It still shows up in iTunes and still allows me to upload music, it just doesn't associate that iPod with my library.
Strange, I've tried this on my Mac and my wife's PC and it still doesn't work. If I click cancel when the message comes up, the Shuffle doesn't show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwalk331 View Post
Does the new itunes still aloow you to be able to drag and drop music onto ipods as long as the ipod is in manual mode??
Yes.
QUOTE Thanks
pballa2099

pballa2099 is an unknown at this point

i do.. it just deleted 10 gigs of music off of my ipod and i didnt have it backed up... its on my touch tho so im waiting for a program to back it up the iphone ones don't
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Rant. | iPhone »