New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - Good iphone video converting software?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SpliCer261

SpliCer261 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone

Any of you guys know a good iphone video converting software? Because i have alot of avi files on my mac like anime movies, tv shows etc

I downloaded the demo version of a software called "iphone video converter". it's easy to just add the movie and all you have to do is click the Convert button!

all i had to do then was drag the movie to itunes's Movies and sync it with my iphone. Very simple and easy to use!

http://www.iphonevideoconverter.com/software.html

Here's a screenshot:

I'm thinking of purchasing it as i'm impressed with the demo version. But before i do i wanted to know if there were any better softwares out there?

What do you guys use? Any recommendations?

Thanks

Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing - Solid Snake.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Handbrake

QUOTE Thanks
SpliCer261

SpliCer261 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone

yeah but HandBrake can only do DVDs, not avi files right?

i tried choosing an avi file and it froze

Works brilliantly for converting your DVDs to view on iphone though

Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing - Solid Snake.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Ya, that's true. You can try VisualHub and see if it does iPhone yet. It will conver almost anything to anything though.

QUOTE Thanks
vlj9r

vlj9r is on a distinguished road

VisualHub might be another option and can convert to and from multiple formats. Very reasonably priced.
QUOTE Thanks
SmokingFetus

SmokingFetus is an unknown at this point

iSquint. This program is free and only converts for iPod, but seeing as the video specs for iPhone is almost exactly the same it should work (will check tomorrow to make sure my assumptions are correct). It is from the same people who developed VisualHub.

I highly recommend VisualHub as it outputs so many different filetypes. Great support in their forums as well. And it has excepted every filetype I've thrown at it. Great program for $24.
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

I use Handbrake for DVD's and Visualhub for conversion from other formats. Both are great programs.

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
nl74

nl74 is on a distinguished road

Yes handbrake will only convert DVD's and even then I am getting a constant lip sync issues with it, I have posted on this but I must be the only person who is getting this problem.

I bought imtoo mac video converter and it is mostly good, however I do find a high proportion of files that should convert don't and all that happens is the conversion completes in about 3 seconds and I end up with a tiny file that obviously will not play.

I have not tried isquint yet, I'll have a look tonight.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Appology accepted Steve, Now wheres the $$$ | Should I get an iPhone? »