New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iphone 16gb

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shinsengumii

shinsengumii is on a distinguished road

with the new ipod touch out with a 16gb option, do you think the iphone will soon come with an optional 16gb?

somehow, i think it wont make sense for apple to do so because otherwise, everyone would go straight for the iphone.
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinsengumii View Post
with the new ipod touch out with a 16gb option, do you think the iphone will soon come with an optional 16gb?

somehow, i think it wont make sense for apple to do so because otherwise, everyone would go straight for the iphone.
So? How does that hurt Apple? And besides, I sure wouldn't if it cost more and I'm not interested in AT&T.

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
shinsengumii

shinsengumii is on a distinguished road

im just thinking that since the iphone provides every characteristic the ipod touch does and more, no one would choose the ipod touch unless the iphone was significantly more expensive. ie. 100 bucks more expensive maybe?
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Well, it is $100 more but really doesn't do much more than have the cellphone part. It's bigger, too. Plus, if you're in contract with someone else, there's the $200 cancellation fee. Or, if AT&T is poor in your area, etc.

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

It's all about timing. Apple still wants to sell as many 8GB iPhones as possible before unveiling as 16GB version. Otherwise the 8GB iPhone will suffer the fate of the 4GB version.

It's not as much about what the people want, it's about what the people want and then only giving it to them when it's most profitable. That's business.

It's funny to see how Apple prices memory differences. For example, with the iPhone the only difference between the two was 4GB of flash memory. For that, you paid $100 more. But now we see that they are only charging $50 more for that same memory boost in the iPod Nano. Interesting, huh? I guess we can see why Apple decided to ditch the 4GB iPhone: 1. it's wasn't selling as well and 2. the 8GB is much more profitable, even considering the price drops, which still have a $100 difference.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Interesting, but at the same time, they're very different products in very different price ranges. So I'm sure apple had to limit the price increase to keep the 8GB nano competitive.

QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

The iPhone has MUCH more than just a cellphone ahead of the Touch.

Let me count the ways:

CELLPHONE
CAMERA
EMAIL

Maps Widget
Stocks Widget
Weather Widget
Notes Widget
Internal SPEAKER
Internal MIC
BLUETOOTH

I was originally planning on getting the new iPod (Touch) IF it had wifi... but to me, the release really just sold me on the iPhone.

Now... I just need to get out of my Sprint contract. I also need to get over the lack of "3G" ... or wait for 2.0
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDE View Post

Let me count the ways:

CELLPHONE
CAMERA
EMAIL

Maps Widget
Stocks Widget
Weather Widget
Notes Widget
Internal SPEAKER
Internal MIC
BLUETOOTH

I was originally planning on getting the new iPod (Touch) IF it had wifi... but to me, the release really just sold me on the iPhone.

Now... I just need to get out of my Sprint contract. I also need to get over the lack of "3G" ... or wait for 2.0
Well, the cellphone and camera I can see making a tangible difference. The email and widgets will probably be a non-issue in the near future, aside from the fact that you can do all of that in safari. And there's not much point to me to have bluetooth/mic/speaker in a phone-less ipod. Maybe to take voice notes I guess.

QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
Well, the cellphone and camera I can see making a tangible difference. The email and widgets will probably be a non-issue in the near future, aside from the fact that you can do all of that in safari. And there's not much point to me to have bluetooth/mic/speaker in a phone-less ipod. Maybe to take voice notes I guess.
For me... Voice notes would be nice.. How about listening to music in the office without the earbuds... bluetooth... the possibility of listening to music through bluetooth headphones... send files... sync?
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Quote:

Let me count the ways:

BLUETOOTH[/B]
You might have to take this one off the list soon. Check this

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Quote:
For me... Voice notes would be nice.. How about listening to music in the office without the earbuds... bluetooth... the possibility of listening to music through bluetooth headphones... send files... sync?
Doubt the masses care about bluetooth headphones or synching over bluetooth. Listening to music via internal speaker? No thanks. I got speakers in the office for that.

QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
You might have to take this one off the list soon. Check this
Scroll down...

Quote:
Update 2: Ah, sorry to bum y'all out, we just heard that Apple didn't actually include Bluetooth in the touch, meaning the screen shown above isn't entirely accurate. We'll let you know if we hear more.
Having Bluetooth appear would be a plus... BUT I don't see any Speakers, Mic's, Camera, etc. "hidden" in any of the iPod Touch pictures released by Apple.

Don't get me wrong... I like the Touch, but for an extra $100, to have a Cellphone, Camera, Bluetooth (for sure), Mail, etc... My vote has to go to the iPhone.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
Doubt the masses care about bluetooth headphones or synching over bluetooth.
I personally would not be buying one for the "masses"... It's for me.
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Quote:
I personally would not be buying one for the "masses"... It's for me.
Can't argue with ya there.

QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

I'm sure a 16gb/3G iPhone is imminent, it's just a matter of time.

Mac Sites - down for reconstruction
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« what to do with problematic iPhone? | Does the Iphone have an external record mode »