New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - Refurbished iPhones

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JRV

JRV will become famous soon enough

I see that the refurbished iPhones are selling for $100 less and Apple claims to test and make sure each refurb item works. Has anyone had experience with refurbished Apple products? Are they ok or did you get one that didn't work or was all scratched or had a big scratch?
QUOTE Thanks
Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

I bet if you ordered one, you couldn't tell it had ever been used. I have ordered a number of refurb. products from Apple, and they arrive looking pristine. In fact, I just got my refurb. Airport Extreme Bse Station from FedEX today! Looks and works just like new. I have also gotten an iPod and seen iPods that are refurbished. Apple has a serious process that they go through before they send out any refurb. items. Trust them. They won't screw you.

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks
JRV

JRV will become famous soon enough

Yeah I see that they even offer a warranty. I was just wondering if they would hand out an iPhone that had scratches saying that the scratches didn't affect the way the phone operates.
QUOTE Thanks
Jeff

Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

Yeah, that's not going to happen. I believe the whole case is replaced.

Black MacBook
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks
mck_tj05

mck_tj05 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD

where do you order it?
QUOTE Thanks
Jeff

At store.apple.com, way down on the left navagation bar, there is a section for refurbished Mac, iPods, rebates, deals, etc. It's with those...

Black MacBook
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

A refurbed mac with look exactly like new and has the same exact warranty. The only difference is the box it comes in. I've bought 4 refubished products from apple, 2 iPods, a macbook and an imac. One ipod went bad quickly and i got a full refund. but i've purchased only one new product from apple, the iphone and I need to send that in for repair.
I think refurbished is the best way to go.
Bryan

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
biffyiffy

biffyiffy can only hope to improve

Refurb iphone here. You cant tell it from new. Some people claim they like the "smell" of a new one. If an imaginary smell is worth $100 more to you help yourself. And there is the stigma that refurbs will be defective or something. Hello, where do you think refurbs come from?? They were NEW products that had defects.

This is the 8th (or so) apple refurb product Ive bought. You absolutely CANNOT tell one from new. Im not a person thats hip on buying a demo unit at a store to save a few bucks. In fact I never have. But refurbs from Apple are just the same as new in my book.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryphotoguy View Post
A refurbed mac with look exactly like new and has the same exact warranty. The only difference is the box it comes in. I've bought 4 refubished products from apple, 2 iPods, a macbook and an imac. One ipod went bad quickly and i got a full refund. but i've purchased only one new product from apple, the iphone and I need to send that in for repair.
I think refurbished is the best way to go.
Bryan

I thought their refurb stuff came with only a 90 day warranty?

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
biffyiffy

biffyiffy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Direct from their site:

Guaranteed Apple quality.

Before we put a pre-owned Mac, iPod, iPhone, or Apple TV up for sale in Special Deals, it undergoes a rigorous refurbishment process to make sure it's up to Apple's tough quality standards. We back it with our standard one-year limited warranty. And you have the option of purchasing an AppleCare Protection Plan for it.
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Sames exact warranty as a "new" product. There is a 90 phone support part of the warranty but that same length of time is also given to "new" products.

Bryan

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Post pics of ur Mod'd iphone. . . | Text question »