New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - Yep my phone got stolen last night.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SmOkeNdRO

SmOkeNdRO is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 1GB MacBook

Yeah I couldnt believe this last night me and friend drove to the beer store and went in and grabbed some beers and when I came out my phone which was in the cup holder was gone. Im not really worried about it since I got it for free it was a samsung blackjack. Anyways I am thinking of going and buying and iPhone today probally just the 4GB model.

Anyways do you guys think this is a good idea ? yay or nay

Comments appreciated.

MacBook | 2.0 GHZ Core Duo | 1GB Ram |
QUOTE Thanks
Simbad54

Simbad54 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro. 2.4Ghz Intel Core Duo running OSX 10.9.3, 8GB Ram

He He. You're asking a bunch of Mac freaks if you should go buy an Apple product?

I like it!

I reckon you should get an HP Palm with one of those little stylus thingys.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

The iPhone is a solid product if you're not intending to use it in a large-business setting (it doesn't sound like you are).

Right now, you need to be concerned with how your old phone is being used. If you haven't done so already, you need to contact your cell provider immediately and report it stolen, otherwise, you could be liable for the charges incurred by the thief.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmOkeNdRO View Post
Yeah I couldnt believe this last night me and friend drove to the beer store and went in and grabbed some beers and when I came out my phone which was in the cup holder was gone. Im not really worried about it since I got it for free it was a samsung blackjack. Anyways I am thinking of going and buying and iPhone today probally just the 4GB model.

Anyways do you guys think this is a good idea ? yay or nay

Comments appreciated.
No. I don't think it is a good idea. You left your phone visible to thieves, and one acted accordingly.

The 4GB model is $500, you'll spend $100+ for your first bill and roughly $70 each subsequent month (for the least expensive service level). If you lose it, you're out $500 in an iPhone and you'll pay AT&T $200 to cancel your contract if you haven't fulfilled your two year agreement.

Are you willing to protect it like cash? Can you afford to lose one? The iPhone lets you store lots of personal information. Will you lock it with a passcode that you're willing to enter every time you use it, or do you want thieves to access that information too?

Sorry someone stole your phone. Unless you're willing to either protect an iPhone or to lose a lot of money, I don't think it is a good idea for you. Btw, you can apply these same thoughts to other cell phones. Hope this helps!

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Well you certainly have a good excuse to buy an iPhone! But I think you might consider changing your habits first - otherwise you will just be calling the iPolice.
QUOTE Thanks
Mactime

Mactime is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo

idont mean to steal ur thread. Can you buy an iphone from an apple store in the US without activating it with ATT?
Or is it only available through ATT outlets/booths?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
hexonxonx

hexonxonx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactime View Post
idont mean to steal ur thread. Can you buy an iphone from an apple store in the US without activating it with ATT?
Or is it only available through ATT outlets/booths?

thanks
Apple stores and some ATT stores carry them. You can buy them without activating but you can't do anything on the phone without activating it first. Nothing will work until then, not even the calculator.

20" iMac aluminum
13" MBP
3 iPhones
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

bad luck. but its gd that your having a positive look on it.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I used to have a very nice pair of sunglasses, then lost them. Then I bought another very nice pair, then lost them. After that I used wal-mart sunglasses for a long time.

Unless you think you can keep your expensive items secure, I wouldn't recommend buying one.

Also, just an observation here, but you claim your stolen phone is not big deal because it was free, but it is costing you: loss of phone use, time to get a new phone, cost of a new phone. If you get an iPhone, that stolen phone is going to cost you at least $500 in cash plus other costs you don't consider! (this is how you start thinking after a couple economics courses)

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Check this out... | Trillian Astra chat »