New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - My HUGE iPhone Bill

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

Late Friday night, Aug 10, I received an emaiil notice of my iPhone bill. The actual bill came yesterday Aug 11 in the snail mail. This bill was HUGE!!!!!!!!!! It was enormous. It was the funniest bill I'd seen in a long time.

It wasn't that the charges were high; they weren't. It was the normal $60 monthly charge plus $7 in taxes. It's just that the bill had 45 PAGES of details. One page was phone calls, there was a very short list of SMS text messages on the next page, and the remainder of the 45 pages was data services. Every Internet access was apparently recorded by date and time, though no specifics were included as to what was transferred. My wife noted data services in the middle of the night, which makes sense as it polls my Mac mail every 15 minutes.

Seems funny they'd highlight ever data service, given I have unlimited data access. I guess they have to do it, but it makes little sense to me. It did have high humor value however, so it was worth it I guess.

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Any way you can have that cut down? It's not like we don't waste enough paper each year, is it?

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

yh get it cut down. thats quite a bit of paper each time

45 pages x 12 months = 540 sheets of paper per year
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

There was an article about this somewhere where the guy had over a hundred pages sent to him.

What's weird is that Blackberry users don't get such a large bill, and I would assume neither do people on the PDA plan. I don't see why AT&T couldn't make it so that iPhone users just got a summary of their data usage instead of every little detail (which btw, doesn't really provide any information).

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
IAmBen

IAmBen is on a distinguished road

We get the same thing with our monthly phone bill. It's generally that length or a little longer and none of us have an iPhone. It's just how Cingular does things...and no, it's not helpful.
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

Sure you could go to paperless billing, but using paper is good for the farmers that grow trees to make paper. Deforesting is so 80's. heh heh
QUOTE Thanks
hexonxonx

hexonxonx will become famous soon enough

I used to have a service provider back in the 90s that sent their statements like this. I'm not sure if it was Qwest or the real AT&T. I know you can get a paperless bill if you choose to pay your bill online.

20" iMac aluminum
13" MBP
3 iPhones
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future

I don't want to go paperless, but then again having a tree sacrificed to tell me I've been accessing the Internet during the month seems absurd.

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra

Homepage | Gallery
QUOTE Thanks
iRye

iRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac

After my next TELUS bill, I'm going paperless. TELUS sends be a thick envelope with a 13 page bill in it. After this month, I won't have to watch over my bill.

You may just wanna call AT&T about it...
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

Guess I'm not the only one in this situation. Here's a link I found over at Slashdot:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...-huge-lol.html

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra

Homepage | Gallery
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Read about that.

Send it to Greenpeace. They love to accuse Apple of all that's wrong with the environment. (Never mind that this is Cingular/ATT's idea.)
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

I have declined my paper bill and get mine off the internet. Still long, but they are not wasting all that paper.
QUOTE Thanks
Keanut!

Keanut! is on a distinguished road

I dont have an I-phone, But i heard somewhere somene is trying to hack one So it runs on a cell phone network (E.G telecom).

Its probably a hoax, but by the sounds of things, It seems better than the current system.
QUOTE Thanks
Aikidoka

Aikidoka is on a distinguished road

Dude I got the same thing. I couldnt believe the detailed list I got. Im sure the Save-the-Trees whack-o's would go crazy over my bill.
QUOTE Thanks
Sproit

Sproit is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: AMD 533 MHz, 312 mb RAM, 80 HDD. :(

Talking about environment,

They packed most of the iPod nano's in recycle able packages, (I made them ) so they did that pretty well ;-)

Was pretty fun, because I knew how it looked etc. from the iPod nano before anyone knew hooah

And as final touch,God created the Dutch!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lights Out | 8Gb a killer income for Apple »