New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - iPhone-->Bluetooth-->iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Joe Diver

Joe Diver is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.

So, I've paired my iPhone with my new iMac...wanted to use the nifty features of address book dialing the phone, messaging, and the iMac being a "caller ID" when it rings out of the room.

Paired just fine...but no "connection" and no services....so, does the iPhone only BT headsets right now? If so, this is an egregious issue...the iPhone and new Mac not being fully compatible.....
QUOTE Thanks
hexonxonx

hexonxonx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Diver View Post
So, I've paired my iPhone with my new iMac...wanted to use the nifty features of address book dialing the phone, messaging, and the iMac being a "caller ID" when it rings out of the room.

Paired just fine...but no "connection" and no services....so, does the iPhone only BT headsets right now? If so, this is an egregious issue...the iPhone and new Mac not being fully compatible.....
Only bluetooth and a few other devices such as GPS units when using them as handsfree etc.
QUOTE Thanks
Joe Diver

Joe Diver is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.

I hope they fix this......seems odd that 2 of their biggest (visibility) products don't play nice together.....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Useable without activation? | Lights Out »