New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone - Post pics of ur Mod'd iphone. . .

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mcatt66

mcatt66 is an unknown at this point

anyone get into modding just did my first one. . if u mod'd ur phone post a pic. . . nothing crazy just kept it simple

QUOTE Thanks
guant

guant is on a distinguished road

Thats pretty darn cool, what program did you use??
QUOTE Thanks
Cody

Cody is on a distinguished road

Thats brilliant!

+rep

(if thats real)
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

How did you change the icons? Funtastic only lets you move them around

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
mcatt66

I didnt create the icons. . .other people on other sites have made them, but i went in and coded them. . .here is a link with instructions on how to do it. . .it is a real pain in the *** at first not to bad. . .

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/iphone_...tem_icons.html
QUOTE Thanks
mcatt66

some people did some really nice ones. . check this one out:

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

That's pretty sweet, but I wouldn't have done the reflections, it doesn't look right when the icons are stacked like that. It would look amazing if the reflection is removed and the icons re-centered.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
NolaWegs

NolaWegs will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone

Those look fantastic. It doesn't look like it's too difficult to do from the website. Have you noticed any functional problems as a result of the modding?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Wow, those round icons are gorgeous. I'm definitely going to look into modding my icons.

Edit: After reading the directions, maybe I'll just wait until a GUI version is released, or possibly incorporated into iFuntastic...

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
NolaWegs

I've been trying to work through the directions and am having trouble successfully finishing the second run of jailbreak. I keep getting told that "apparently something went wrong. Try again." any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
mcatt66

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaWegs View Post
I've been trying to work through the directions and am having trouble successfully finishing the second run of jailbreak. I keep getting told that "apparently something went wrong. Try again." any suggestions?

i get that everyonce in a while. . i usually restart my phone and computer. . .make sure itunes is closed. . .and no i havent seen any functional problems as of yet
QUOTE Thanks
NolaWegs

After tinkering around with it for a while, I realized that it's just one of the those things that happens. I'm impressed with how "relatively" simple the modding process is. After a few hours tonight I was able to perfectly replicate this theme ...I always wanted my own tricorder! The possibilites are endless. I can't wait to see what the rest of the interweb comes up with as this becomes more and more popular.

I'd also like to add to those of you that are hesitant to try this due to lack of experience. I have very little programming experience, myself; I know the basics of the command prompt but little more. I found this process is to be very easy to understand, the link posted earlier provides wonderful step-by-step directions. Additionally, as long as you back up (sync) before you begin your mods, the worst thing that will happen is that you do a factory reset and you are right back where you started. If you're feeling adventurous and have a few hours to kill, this is a great project to undertake that yields incredible results
QUOTE Thanks
Moo

Moo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.16 GHz Intel Core2Duo, 2 GB RAM, 200 GB HD, 30 GB White Ipod Video

NolaWegs - That is officially the first thing anyone has done that has made me want an iPhone more than anything else in the world. That is very very cool.
QUOTE Thanks
Aikidoka

Aikidoka is on a distinguished road

Man that is really KEWL.
QUOTE Thanks
goffracing

goffracing is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black Macbook core 2, 2gb and an 8gb Iphone with scratches on the screen

Not that im trying to start crap but can you not show us the reall pic of your iphone if thats what you were able to make it look like?
it's clear that the pic is fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaWegs View Post
After tinkering around with it for a while, I realized that it's just one of the those things that happens. I'm impressed with how "relatively" simple the modding process is. After a few hours tonight I was able to perfectly replicate this theme ...I always wanted my own tricorder! The possibilites are endless. I can't wait to see what the rest of the interweb comes up with as this becomes more and more popular.

I'd also like to add to those of you that are hesitant to try this due to lack of experience. I have very little programming experience, myself; I know the basics of the command prompt but little more. I found this process is to be very easy to understand, the link posted earlier provides wonderful step-by-step directions. Additionally, as long as you back up (sync) before you begin your mods, the worst thing that will happen is that you do a factory reset and you are right back where you started. If you're feeling adventurous and have a few hours to kill, this is a great project to undertake that yields incredible results
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Be careful if you choose to unlock an iPhone! | Refurbished iPhones »