New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Cingular iPhone Internet Cost?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

L0GiC

L0GiC is an unknown at this point

does anyone know what the monthly rate for EDGE will be? thinking about getting the iPhone..
QUOTE Thanks
Osiris22x

Osiris22x will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

I pay $39/month for unlimited EDGE data on my phone, through Cingular.

Roger Michaels
Apple Certified Consultant
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Maybe if it becomes more popular (because of the iPhone) the pricew will drop a few dollars.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
L0GiC

is EDGE fast?
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of

I never used edge, but I had verizon's internet service and according to some peple edge is faster then verizon so I am expecting it to be quite fast because I was getting 130kb/s (nothign compared to my home connection, but not bad at all for being out on the run and needing to check something.

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks
L0GiC

were you downloading at 130kbs?
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

in the 120's to 130's I don't know what the package actually advertised, but thats what i was getting.

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks
L0GiC

wow that is fast
QUOTE Thanks
MacDeac

MacDeac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD

Perhaps the most disappointing spec of the iPhone is the fact that it can only use Edge, which is much slower than either HSPDA (which is available on Cingular's Blackjack WM phone for a lot less money) or EVDO on Sprint and Verizon. A quick web search revealed that Edge tops out at 384kbps and HSPDA tops out at 1.8 mbit per second. If you were creating a mobile phone with an emphasis on multimedia, which would you use?

And, price cannot be that much of a factor since HSPDA is available on the Blackjack which is only $199 with a two year contract (same as iPhone.)
QUOTE Thanks
WhiteYfz

WhiteYfz is an unknown at this point

WO WO WO.. 40 for a internet plan? thats AlOT!!!! On my sidekick its 20 for AIM, Internet browser, and unlimited texting.............. and cingular has like 6 plans..
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Hmm.. I spend at Cingular $19.99 for unlimited net/email etc, but Im not sure if that is considered the edge network.. Im a bit confused on that myself.
QUOTE Thanks
WhiteYfz

WhiteYfz is an unknown at this point

how can cingular had like 6 individual plans? thats such B.S! and the cheapest one doesent even have unlimited nights and weekends... is their service even that good?
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I like it, it works great for me.. Their network definitely depends on the phone you have. I tend to get the higher end phones and I have no problems, while some of my friends have the lower end ones and they have dropped calls etc.. so that's kind of strange. But me personally I really like their service
QUOTE Thanks
ambivalent

ambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro - iPhone

I have had so many phones with cingular- and LG phones ALWAYS drop calls. I think it has alot to do with the phone

I was thinking about Clearwire since iPhone has WiFi I wonder if you could just stay connected to the clearwire network? i didn't look at prices but it's nice to have for the macbook too

She figured out that the only way to keep from being frozen was to stay in motion,
and long ago converted most of her flesh into liquid.
Now when she smells danger, she spills herself all over, like gasoline, and lights it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can I unlock a cingular iPhone and use it on t-mobile? | Cisco sue apple over iPhone name »