New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Iphone charging issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

joeg679

joeg679 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 2014, iPad 1, 2&3, iPhone 6, ATV3

Lately when I have my 5s plugged in and charging, it'll randomly wake up and make the sound that it make when you first plug it in. It'll do this mostly when it's already at 100% battery. Does anyone know what the issue is? Thank you
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

This can happen when it momentarily loses full contact with the charger, or if the charger is not a genuine Apple charger (or "Made For i" certified charger). It can also happen if the cord is damaged or stretched. Try changing cords first, unless you know you have a "cheapy knockoff" charger.
QUOTE Thanks
joeg679

joeg679 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 2014, iPad 1, 2&3, iPhone 6, ATV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
This can happen when it momentarily loses full contact with the charger, or if the charger is not a genuine Apple charger (or "Made For i" certified charger). It can also happen if the cord is damaged or stretched. Try changing cords first, unless you know you have a "cheapy knockoff" charger.
Thanks, it's a real apple charger, but I'll try switching cords and see if that helps.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External mic not working? | sudden screen size changes on iphone 5s »