New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Car Mount

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

alanrocks

alanrocks is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I have been looking for a solution to mount my iPhone in my car and all I seemed to be coming across were those horrid window sucker mounts - man I hate those!!

I then came across a pretty cool product from a company called Breffo and it's called the Spiderpodium. The product itself looks very handy and a really good car mount but I just wanted to know if anyone else had any other recommendations before I buy one?

Thanks in advance,

Alan
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

IMO, mounting the phone directly in front of the vent is likely not the smartest idea. Especially when you have heat blowing out of those vents. You could, of course, turn off the vents where you use this mount..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
alanrocks

alanrocks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
IMO, mounting the phone directly in front of the vent is likely not the smartest idea. Especially when you have heat blowing out of those vents. You could, of course, turn off the vents where you use this mount..
Great point RazorEdge, this is exactly what I thought and yes I would just turn off the vents that I wasn't using. I do really like the concept of a vent mount, especially due to the new laws of a penalty if you use a windshield mount...
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Hmm, I wasn't aware there were penalties tied to having the windshield mount. In that case this holder might work well enough..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
MBP17•David

MBP17•David is just really niceMBP17•David is just really niceMBP17•David is just really niceMBP17•David is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP17 2010 8GB 2x960GB SSDs 10.9.5 • MBA11 2010 4GB 128GB 10.9.5 • TC 2TB • TV3 • iOS bunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
Hmm, I wasn't aware there were penalties tied to having the windshield mount. In that case this holder might work well enough..
Well, certainly in the UK, it is classed as 'driving without due care and attention' or 'dangerous driving', depending on the circumstances, to have anything other than a government issued notice (i.e. car tax disc), attached to anywhere within the wipe area... So, basically, every police car in the country is breaking the law

There are two designated segments of the wipe area, right in front of the driver - noting larger than 10mm can be obstructing the view, and the rest of the wipe area - 40mm, if I remember correctly. So, almost every satnav and half of dashcams are illegal (anything with suction-mount)

My satnav is mounted on top of the dash, iPhone is on the special console next to the head unit, and the dashcam is waaaay up, right behind the rear view mirror, with its [permanent] sticky pad just above the wipe area. Perfectly legal

Dvid
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« a freeText to voice app? | EarPods break again »