Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Member Since
    Jul 06, 2008
    Late-adopter: upgrade to 7.1 or wait for 8?
    I have an iPhone 5 running ios 6. I like it. (This was my first iPhone and my first smartphone - though I'm a lifelong Mac user.)

    When ios 7 came out, I had heard some complaints about battery life, etc., so I thought I'd wait for the dust to settle.

    But now WWDC is announcing ios 8 and I'm wondering:
    a) leave my phone on ios 6
    b) upgrade to ios 7 now and hold off on 8
    c) ignore 7 and wait for 8

    Any thoughts? I'm concerned that 8 might be buggy, or that my iPhone 5 won't be so quick running 8 (or 7).

  2. #2

    osxx's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 19, 2008
    houston texas
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    I find that when devices and computers are kept up to date with the current OS or iOS they have little to no problems when updating to a newer OS.
    My iPhone 5 has had no issues running 7.1 and all the added benefits .

  3. #3

    MYmacROX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 17, 2009
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    iPhone 5 here running iOS 7 since it was released. Always do the updates and everything is working great. I agree with member osxx keeping up to date will only help you with the transition to 8 in the Fall.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

    Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

  4. #4

    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    When ios 7 came out, I had heard some complaints about battery life, etc., so I thought I'd wait for the dust to settle.
    Don't believe everything you hear. Update your iPhone 5 now to iOS 7.1 and enjoy all the extra benefits. When iOS 8 is available, your update will be a lot smoother. I'm running 7.1 on my iPhone 5c and the battery life is fine.

  5. #5

    chas_m's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 22, 2010
    Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I'm trying to think of a single good reason to NOT update to 7.1 and I can't think of any. It just seems a bit nutty to avoid updates, for security reasons if nothing else ...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Late 2013 rMBP or should I wait?
    By applegeek911 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 02:29 AM
  2. Upgrade or wait for ML
    By zman2408 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 09:37 PM
  3. Upgrade to 4S or wait for 5?
    By yufahsia in forum iPhone Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 10:12 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 12:31 PM
  5. Yet Another..Adopter...
    By HBlaine in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 10:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts