New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

message syncing across iOS devices & iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tape

tape is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac-27":OS10.8:3.4GHz:16G B iPhone5S

Recently added 2 step verification to my apple account and so my password was changed. Since then I noticed my messaging items were not being synced across devices and iMac. Googled for help and solved the problem. One of the things I did was to removed all emails associated with FaceTime and then add only my apple account email. But now I am being asked to add this email for messaging and fictive to "iMac12,2" My iMac is called DiMac. Where does this iMac12,2 come from and how to I change it before I click OK on both iPhone and iPad
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

iMac12,2 is likely to be the model type of your iMac and apparently you've not put the name into the Sharing system preference panel.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Late-adopter: upgrade to 7.1 or wait for 8? | iPhone 5C quality issues »