Member Since: Feb 04, 2014
Location: East Midlands, UK
Mac Specs: MBP17 2010 8GB 2x960GB SSDs 10.9.5 • MBA11 2010 4GB 128GB 10.9.5 • TC 2TB • TV3 • iOS bunch
05-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Couple of things you might want to check, basically eliminating one unknown component at a time:
- Have you confirmed with the network that the card has not been de-activated, expired, etc?
- Does the SIM card work in any other phone?
- Have you tried a different SIM card in the same iPhone?
- Was the iPhone unlocked, and if yes - was it by the network and/or Apple, or by someone else?
- If it was unlocked, and not by Apple, have you updated the iOS recently?
That's besides a few simple/obvious ones, like:
- Was there a liquid spillage?
- Can you still eject the SIM card holder from the phone?
- Has the phone been dropped?
- Try to remove the SIM card, clean & reinsert
- Set cellular provider to automatic, then to manual, making sure the correct network is selected, then back to auto
- What do you hear when you try to call the SIM number?