New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone 5 stuck on recovery mode error (9) (See video)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

davis1

davis1 is on a distinguished road

iPhone 5 will not restore, shows strange graphic under restore and shows "the iPhone could not be restored. An uknown error occurred (9) and goes back to restore mode..the phone never been opened and no parts replaced before the issue.
TinyUmbrella no good, resetting hosts file to default no good, DFU mode no go..seems like HW issue and could realy use some tips, also in component level fix.

Iphone 5 stuck on recovery mode error (9) - YouTube

Last edited by davis1; 05-01-2014 at 02:58 PM. Reason: adding link
QUOTE Thanks
Rod Sprague

Rod Sprague has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro OS 10.9.4, iMac 2.5 gHz OS 10.6, iPhone 4 iOS 7, 4th Gen iPod touch iOS 5, Apple TV 2

Does it function if you unplug it?

RodS Don't forget to click on the permalink (top right corner) if you were helped by a post in this forum.
QUOTE Thanks
mollyregan

mollyregan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis1 View Post
iPhone 5 will not restore, shows strange graphic under restore and shows "the iPhone could not be restored. An uknown error occurred (9) and goes back to restore mode..the phone never been opened and no parts replaced before the issue.
TinyUmbrella no good, resetting hosts file to default no good, DFU mode no go..seems like HW issue and could realy use some tips, also in component level fix.

Iphone 5 stuck on recovery mode error (9) - YouTube
Hi

I had the same issue with my iPhone 4s. I sent it off and they diagnosed an issue with the battery. They replaced the battery and then it worked as normal. I am not sure if this will solve the issue but its worth a try. They also said that the dock connector port if its damaged or exposed to moisture will cause this issue. Check this also. I hope this help?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Getting contacts / apps from ios7 onto new spare new, older iphone | LG HBS-700 not pairing »