Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Specs:
    Late 2015 5K 27-inch Retina iMac, 4GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB Flash Drive, El Capitan, 10.11.3
    On/Off labels no longer does anything since last iOS update
    Since iOS7 it has been possible to Go Settings > General > Accessibility > On/Off labels. This last feature, On/Off labels, created a vertical I on top the green icons.

This no longer works on my iPhone 5, my iPad Air or my wife's iPhone 5S since the last update. Have others found the same or is this somehow unique to me? In other words, am I doing something wrong? Can I get this function back?

Many thanks in advance..

Ian

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro OS 10.11.1, iPhone 5s iOS 9.2, 4th Gen iPod touch iOS 5, Apple TV 2, iPod Classic 80Gb
    Ian this is still working for me and my wife. When did you last get an update? What version do you have currently?
    If you were helped by this forum please add reputation points to that member by clicking on the "Thumbs Up" icon, bottom left corner of each thread. (Yes I know it's small)

Specs:
    Late 2015 5K 27-inch Retina iMac, 4GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB Flash Drive, El Capitan, 10.11.3
    Thanks Rod for your prompt and courteous response. I have iOS 7.1 on all devices and they tell me my software is up to date.

I only became aware of the change when iOS updated to 7.1. About a month ago I think.

It's not a big deal, I know that. I can live without it. I only became aware of the change very recently when I read a "tip" on a OS X website telling people how to switch on the I overlying the green icon. I thought, well I know that one, checked, and that's how I discovered my "loss". Toggling the On/Off switch does nothing.

I have tried hard booting and so on. No result. If you and the others are okay, it's a puzzle why it affects three completely different iOS7 devices of mine and my wife.

Life...

Ian
    Last edited by IWT; 04-20-2014 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Clarity

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro OS 10.11.1, iPhone 5s iOS 9.2, 4th Gen iPod touch iOS 5, Apple TV 2, iPod Classic 80Gb
    Yes, I believe we had the same update 7.1. We are using iPhone 4 but you said you have multiple devices so that shouldn't matter but it is a difference.
    Just to satisfy my curiosity why did the website you mentioned suggest turning that function on.
    If you were helped by this forum please add reputation points to that member by clicking on the "Thumbs Up" icon, bottom left corner of each thread. (Yes I know it's small)

Specs:
    Rod

The idea is that it is easier to recognise a "one" ie a vertical line running through the green icon versus a "zero" when the action is switched off. Sort of binary, "I" or "O". Said to enhance recognition or something. It does actually look quite nice.

Ian

Thread Information