New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Download old version of Garageband 1.0 for ios iphone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dgsloves

dgsloves is on a distinguished road

Hello there! I updated my Garageband for ios (iphone) to 2.0, and now my files are not compatible with the garageband on my laptop. I cannot update my mac's garageband because, well, my computer is "too old".

Is there any way to install an older version of an app onto my iphone 4? Specifically, Garageband for ios 1.0?

It is not in my "purchased" area in the app store, only 2.0 is.

Thanks!
Dave
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Other than reverting back to a previous backup of your phone's apps, I know of no way to go back to Garageband 1 (or whatever the actual version was).

If your computer is too old for the currrent version of Garageband, you should probably do something about that in the longer term. From a podcasting point of view the new GB is a step backward, but from a musician point of view it is a significant step forward. The latest Garageband's only requirements are that it needs to run on an Intel machine that can handle Mavericks -- that's pretty much every Mac from 2008 onward, and a few models from 2007 as well! That's getting pretty old, computer-wise.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iphone 4s case | startup sounds »