Buy a new iPhone
    Hello guys,
    I have an iPhone4 and I'm thinking about buying a 5s at the end of the month.
    Do you think is a wise choice or a new model will be released soon so it's better to wait for the new one?
    Thanks a lot!

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    No one will be able to say for sure but recently new iPhone models have been released in September.

So the question really is one for you to answer.

Do I want to wait til September for a new iPhone?
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

If it will be the next September, I'm up to buy the 5s!

So there is no rumor about a new release?

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    If it's one thing I've learned to ignore it's anything that says "Apple" and "rumour" in the same sentence. That way madness lies.......

There will always be rumours and they will nearly always be from tech sites clambering for hits on their site.

Get the 5s and enjoy!
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Ok thank you very much!

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    If you are interested in the class of iPhone that the iPhone 5s represents, then I don't think we will be seeing any changes in that model until September or October. Bear in mind that (assuming Apple follows its normal pattern) the next iPhone will be a all-new design. These things take time, particularly new models. I'm frankly stunned that they can turn these things out as quickly as once a year ...

PS. Recently got my own iPhone 5s (jump up from the iPhone 4). OMG THE SPEED. Man I love this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    If you are interested in the class of iPhone that the iPhone 5s represents, then I don't think we will be seeing any changes in that model until September or October. Bear in mind that (assuming Apple follows its normal pattern) the next iPhone will be a all-new design. These things take time, particularly new models. I'm frankly stunned that they can turn these things out as quickly as once a year ...

PS. Recently got my own iPhone 5s (jump up from the iPhone 4). OMG THE SPEED. Man I love this thing.
    Yeah, that's the reason I want to change model. Don't know if I made a mistake installing iOS7 on an iPhone4 but now it's damn slow.
    Everytime I switch between apps I have to wait 10 seconds and usually I lose information on what I was watching before (I think this is lack of memory).
    I can't wait to have something that is fast to use!

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I didn't experience any serious slowdown on my iPhone 4 when I first installed iOS 7, but I noticed a slowdown after I inadvertently filled the iPhone to near-capacity. Apparently iOS, like OS X, likes to have some breathing room to work in, and doesn't respond well when the storage fills up. I "avoided" the issue with the iPhone 5s by getting the 32GB model (my iPhone 4 was the 16GB).

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    I didn't experience any serious slowdown on my iPhone 4 when I first installed iOS 7, but I noticed a slowdown after I inadvertently filled the iPhone to near-capacity. Apparently iOS, like OS X, likes to have some breathing room to work in, and doesn't respond well when the storage fills up. I "avoided" the issue with the iPhone 5s by getting the 32GB model (my iPhone 4 was the 16GB).
    Yeah, that could be a reason. I'm gonna clean all the things inside and I'll let you know!

Thread Information