New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

Buy a new iPhone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thirdeyeblind82

thirdeyeblind82 is on a distinguished road

Hello guys,
I have an iPhone4 and I'm thinking about buying a 5s at the end of the month.
Do you think is a wise choice or a new model will be released soon so it's better to wait for the new one?
Thanks a lot!
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

No one will be able to say for sure but recently new iPhone models have been released in September.

So the question really is one for you to answer.

Do I want to wait til September for a new iPhone?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
thirdeyeblind82

If it will be the next September, I'm up to buy the 5s!

So there is no rumor about a new release?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

If it's one thing I've learned to ignore it's anything that says "Apple" and "rumour" in the same sentence. That way madness lies.......

There will always be rumours and they will nearly always be from tech sites clambering for hits on their site.

Get the 5s and enjoy!

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
thirdeyeblind82

Ok thank you very much!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

If you are interested in the class of iPhone that the iPhone 5s represents, then I don't think we will be seeing any changes in that model until September or October. Bear in mind that (assuming Apple follows its normal pattern) the next iPhone will be a all-new design. These things take time, particularly new models. I'm frankly stunned that they can turn these things out as quickly as once a year ...

PS. Recently got my own iPhone 5s (jump up from the iPhone 4). OMG THE SPEED. Man I love this thing.
QUOTE Thanks
thirdeyeblind82

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
If you are interested in the class of iPhone that the iPhone 5s represents, then I don't think we will be seeing any changes in that model until September or October. Bear in mind that (assuming Apple follows its normal pattern) the next iPhone will be a all-new design. These things take time, particularly new models. I'm frankly stunned that they can turn these things out as quickly as once a year ...

PS. Recently got my own iPhone 5s (jump up from the iPhone 4). OMG THE SPEED. Man I love this thing.
Yeah, that's the reason I want to change model. Don't know if I made a mistake installing iOS7 on an iPhone4 but now it's damn slow.
Everytime I switch between apps I have to wait 10 seconds and usually I lose information on what I was watching before (I think this is lack of memory).
I can't wait to have something that is fast to use!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I didn't experience any serious slowdown on my iPhone 4 when I first installed iOS 7, but I noticed a slowdown after I inadvertently filled the iPhone to near-capacity. Apparently iOS, like OS X, likes to have some breathing room to work in, and doesn't respond well when the storage fills up. I "avoided" the issue with the iPhone 5s by getting the 32GB model (my iPhone 4 was the 16GB).
QUOTE Thanks
thirdeyeblind82

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
I didn't experience any serious slowdown on my iPhone 4 when I first installed iOS 7, but I noticed a slowdown after I inadvertently filled the iPhone to near-capacity. Apparently iOS, like OS X, likes to have some breathing room to work in, and doesn't respond well when the storage fills up. I "avoided" the issue with the iPhone 5s by getting the 32GB model (my iPhone 4 was the 16GB).
Yeah, that could be a reason. I'm gonna clean all the things inside and I'll let you know!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how easy is it to scratch new iphone 5s camera lens | What's a good program for Mac to iPhone transfers? »