New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

iPhone sync

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jdworkhard

jdworkhard is on a distinguished road

I use to be able to have my I phone sync with my computer and i pad when ever I entered contact info, it does not do so now I need help getting this back
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Can you tell us a bit more about the computer and iPhone/iPad? For example, are you running iOS 7 on the iDevices, and is the computer a Mac or a Windows machine - and also, which OS are you running? Are you using iCloud to sync, or iTunes?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
jdworkhard

To answer your questions:
OSX version 10.9.1 and I have a I Mac my I phone 5 and I Pad 3 everything is current on all three and I am syncing with both I think
QUOTE Thanks
jdworkhard

Trying to sync with both but can't get my I mac contacts to sync at all now but it use to sync from my computer my contact information as soon as it was typed on the computer to where ever I was at the time onto my phone and my I pad. Some setting must have been changed and can't do now.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Are you using iCloud to sync things? If so, check that "contacts" is set to sync on each of the devices AND the Mac in the iCloud preferences.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

On your iMac that would be in System Preferences - iCloud

(and just as an FYI: it is iMac, iPhone, iPad... not I Mac, I Phone, I Pad - makes it hard if not impossible for others that may be searching for a fix to the same or similar issue)

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« cannot restore backup to iphone | Quick way to tell the difference between an ipod and iphone? »