New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPhone Hardware and Accessories Discuss iPhone hardware

transferring video from Iphone to CD or another Mac or Pc?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

usmeagle

usmeagle is on a distinguished road

Folks, my wife is in a quandary, shes working on her Masters and her group had to do a presentation and they were prepared to video it with a camcorder and the batter went dead, anyways they recorded the 45 minute presentation using an Iphone(I believe 4 or 4S), how can this video be taken off the Iphone and either be burnt to a CD or put on another computer or transferred to my wifes Airbook?
Any help would be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
dbm

dbm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2011, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running Mavericks

Getting the video file off the phone should be fairly straight forward. If you normally sync the phone with a Mac of some stripe then do that and it will allow you to pull the video into iPhoto. IIRC, if you sync with a Windows PC you can open your iPhone directly and it will appear as a .MOV file that can be dragged and dropped onto your PC.

If you have iMovie (and you can do this quite cheaply with iMovie on the iPhone itself if you don't have it on your Mac) then you can convert the video to MP4 which can then be burned to a DVD or moved to any other device.

I am sure there are many other way of achieving the same results with freeware, but this is the approach I use.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 5s Walmart Black Friday | Can't open text pics from certain people... »