Iphone 5S in waterproof case-can this be a problem?
    When talking to an Apple tech on another matter, I mentioned the Incipio Atlas case I was using with my phone. The tech floated the concern that maybe the case might cause the iPhone to overheat. Is there any basis to this concern? Can someone with knowledge of such mysteries comment? Thanks.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Cases like the Atlas, the Otterbox, Lifeproof, etc have been around for quite a while now and have always been a very popular choice. If they caused overheating problems, I tend to think they wouldn't be sold.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    They certainly CAN cause overheating problems as they trap the heat that would normally be more easily dispersed, but unless you're using your iPhone for extended periods in very hot environments (think "car in Florida in bright sunshine"), I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    They certainly CAN cause overheating problems as they trap the heat that would normally be more easily dispersed, but unless you're using your iPhone for extended periods in very hot environments (think "car in Florida in bright sunshine"), I wouldn't worry about it.
    Thanks for the information. I will be reading your newbie posts. I am finally getting around to learning how to use all my Apple tools. Thanking you in advance for all the information you have provided.

Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Cases like the Atlas, the Otterbox, Lifeproof, etc have been around for quite a while now and have always been a very popular choice. If they caused overheating problems, I tend to think they wouldn't be sold.
    Thank you for giving context regarding the Atlas case. Nice to know that those who have gone before have already tested the case for overheating
    I appreciate your providing information.

Thread Information