Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   iPhone Hardware and Accessories (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/iphone-hardware-accessories/)
-   -   iOS 7 Emoji Keyboard Swiping Issues (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/iphone-hardware-accessories/304954-ios-7-emoji-keyboard-swiping-issues.html)

itsArosol 10-28-2013 05:37 PM

iOS 7 Emoji Keyboard Swiping Issues
 
This usually happens when adding/editing the name of a folder.

When I try to add a name to a folder using the emoji keyboard it's pretty hard, almost impossible, to swipe the keyboard to the next page.

Has anyone else encountered and/or fixed this problem?

Steps to recreate problem:
1. Enable emoji keyboard
2. Make a folder in any home screen
3. Edit the name of the folder
4. Switch the the emoji keyboard
5. Try to swipe to the other pages (and miserably fail!)

There have been lots of bugs on older iPhones with iOS 7, I have an iPhone 4, and this may be one of them. But if anyone has found a tip to fix it, please share.

Thank you!

JohnCL 10-28-2013 05:51 PM

No issues here, works as it should. If you do get a solution make sure to post back. Good Luck!

mrplow 10-29-2013 06:20 AM

Works fine on my 5s, 5 and iPad 3.

Does it happen on all tabs for the emoji keyboard? The first tab (recents) only has a single panel and can't be swiped.

itsArosol 10-30-2013 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrplow (Post 1546516)
Works fine on my 5s, 5 and iPad 3.

Does it happen on all tabs for the emoji keyboard? The first tab (recents) only has a single panel and can't be swiped.

Yes, all the tabs except for the first one since there's only one.

Also, the emojis in the title are black when seen from the home screen. But they appear normal when I open the folder:

mrplow 10-30-2013 07:26 PM

Have you customised your phone in any way? Just asking re- -95 displaying in top left corner?

Either way:
Turn the emoji keyboard off
Hard-reset (hold sleep/wake and home button until screen goes black and apple symbol appears) you won't lose dataTurn the emoji keyboard back on

itsArosol 10-31-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrplow (Post 1546934)
Have you customised your phone in any way? Just asking re- -95 displaying in top left corner?

Either way:
Turn the emoji keyboard off
Hard-reset (hold sleep/wake and home button until screen goes black and apple symbol appears) you won't lose dataTurn the emoji keyboard back on

It's not jailbroken. That can be changed without jailbreaking it.

The hard reset seemed to have definitely improve the emoji keyboard scrolling. The emoji characters still appear as grayed out though. I tried putting new ones and it's the same.

:'(

mrplow 10-31-2013 03:18 AM

Didn't mention jail breaking. So how did you make that change?

itsArosol 11-03-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrplow (Post 1547026)
Didn't mention jail breaking. So how did you make that change?

I think I went to a website, and there was an option to enable this. I believe it's built into the phone.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.